Curling | Golden Skate

Curling

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg...I’ve kinda been obsessed and mostly with the women’s round robin event!

I really like the Swiss team and thought their match with Sweden was extra entertaining !!!

Such a weird sport that I get into every four years.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I like watching it too, although I only catch it from time to time.
I saw the finals of the "Mixed Doubles" and mostly now some of the Men's Round Robin rounds.

There certainly is a lot of strategy involved. Each Olympics I understand a little more about the game.
There's still a lot that I don't understand, though. But that's OK - it's still a lot of fun to watch.

What does it mean when they say "Italy (for example) has the hammer"?

I figure by the 2050 Olympics, I'll probably have learned all the rules!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the game has developed a lot over the last games... Canada is no longer the top dog. It's very good for the sport. Just watched a couple games... good stuff from team Gushue.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like watching it too, although I only catch it from time to time.
I saw the finals of the "Mixed Doubles" and mostly now some of the Men's Round Robin rounds.

There certainly is a lot of strategy involved. Each Olympics I understand a little more about the game.
There's still a lot that I don't understand, though. But that's OK - it's still a lot of fun to watch.

What does it mean when they say "Italy (for example) has the hammer"?

I figure by the 2050 Olympics, I'll probably have learned all the rules!
The hammer is the last rock in an end!

I only watch it on occasion these days, but I remember really getting into it in 2010 because I was in college at the time and it was always playing during lunch... (I mourn the loss of the colorful Norwegian curling pants...)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The hammer is the last rock in an end!

I only watch it on occasion these days, but I remember really getting into it in 2010 because I was in college at the time and it was always playing during lunch... (I mourn the loss of the colorful Norwegian curling pants...)
the norwegian pants were the best.... but the 3rd who plays for Sweden now... OMG :love2: (he was also playing in mixed doubles)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
(I mourn the loss of the colorful Norwegian curling pants...)
Are they really no more? Is there no Norwegian team anymore? Or are the new guys just not as whacky?

Those pants are truly needed in the time of COVID...

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are they really no more? Is there no Norwegian team anymore? Or are the new guys just not as whacky?

Those pants are truly needed in the time of COVID...
They exist, but their pants are plain black if memory serves me right...🙁

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
POV : It me watching all of the replays from today’s round robin

61DD5C03-A830-4A7E-88EB-DD2AF86DD468.jpeg

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This is the first Olympics I've really watched it...and I love it. And there are a serious amount of hotties of both genders, so it's both competitive AND eye-candy! Win Win!