Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sometimes thinking about what that skater means to you can help you understand these types of dreams.

Also, sometimes the skater in a dream doesn't represent themselves, but may actually represent someone in your waking life. I know this has happened to me once; I was visiting the home of a certain skater in a dream, but they were acting completely unlike how I would think they would act, as if they were the worst possible version of themselves. I don't want to go into further detail than that (as the dream leaned into a bad stereotype that I don't want to perpetuate here), but I realized afterwards that this dream was about someone who I was dating at the time, not about that skater! Thankfully I am no longer dating that person, though I have yet to find someone to love...*sigh*
You could be right, but it's a skater I am fairly neutral - when I even notice them! - about...

It could also be that I read way too many ghost stories :scratch2:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You could be right, but it's a skater I am fairly neutral - when I even notice them! - about...

It could also be that I read way too many ghost stories :scratch2:
Hmm, perhaps it's about someone you don't know very well irl? Or perhaps it's about the situation in the dream; a person who is frozen in a situation they can't seem to escape from... If there is someone like that in your life, perhaps you could call them sometime...and try to break the ice? 😂 (Yuu's Emporium of Bad Puns and Unsolicited Dream Analysis is now open for business! 😂😂😂)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm, perhaps it's about someone you don't know very well irl? Or perhaps it's about the situation in the dream; a person who is frozen in a situation they can't seem to escape from... If there is someone like that in your life, perhaps you could call them sometime...and try to break the ice? 😂 (Yuu's Emporium of Bad Puns and Unsolicited Dream Analysis is now open for business! 😂😂😂)
Or I could have a rather overactive imagination (looking back on the few dreams I have mentioned here and yes, I do sometimes still dream about Yuzu and dragons among others... and my main diary has some really weird things. If the sentient doughnuts start skating I'll start worrying, or the Undead Bushrangers. From Space).

Mind you, finding a body in the ice would certainly get figure skating some publicity, even more than the Harding/Kerrigan thing that did wonders for the sport's finances, I believe... oh dear, I hope the dream doesn't come back with that!

icewhite

Record Breaker
Or I could have a rather overactive imagination (looking back on the few dreams I have mentioned here and yes, I do sometimes still dream about Yuzu and dragons among others... and my main diary has some really weird things. If the sentient doughnuts start skating I'll start worrying, or the Undead Bushrangers. From Space).

Mind you, finding a body in the ice would certainly get figure skating some publicity, even more than the Harding/Kerrigan thing that did wonders for the sport's finances, I believe... oh dear, I hope the dream doesn't come back with that!

There's a Netflix preview I was shown recently... with lots of dead bodies under the ice... the female character does a photo shoot with her friend out on the frozen lake... does an amazing!!! hydroblade and a fairly average spin... and then the ice breaks... she falls and is among all those dead women under the ice...
Maybe you have seen the preview or the film/series? (I haven't, but it was a catchy preview.)

icewhite

Record Breaker
Even though last night was a short night due to the clocks changing, I had a really lovely dream about one of my kids and I.

I have to confess, although I adopted this skater quite a few years ago, in the past couple of months, I have started to see her in a different light. To the extent that I would say that she has become my new main skating crush. I'm still trying to work out how this happened, but it happened very quickly and without warning.

Don't worry, she's over 18 (and, for that matter, more than half my age). And there was no funny business in the dream anyway. It was just a nice simple story about a new couple who were in the very early stages of their courtship, getting to know each other, enjoying each other's company, and laughing a lot at the most insignificant things.

Oh, how I wish I could experience something like that in real life.

I've clearly been watching too many romantic films in recent months! :laugh:

(Although, just to confuse matters, it was a couple of 80's sci-fi films that I watched yesterday... 🤔 )

CaroLiza_fan

Lol, it becomes less weird when you don't say "one of my kids". ;)

I've had dreams with actual sexual undertones about skaters in the past... but I've also had them about for instance teachers and politicians I cannot stand at all... so I'm not putting much meaning to them...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's a Netflix preview I was shown recently... with lots of dead bodies under the ice... the female character does a photo shoot with her friend out on the frozen lake... does an amazing!!! hydroblade and a fairly average spin... and then the ice breaks... she falls and is among all those dead women under the ice...
Maybe you have seen the preview or the film/series? (I haven't, but it was a catchy preview.)
No - I don't have Netflix - but maybe I would like to! I did, since putting up the first post, suspect my subconscious was plagiarising homaging an old Cadfael book...

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
No - I don't have Netflix - but maybe I would like to! I did, since putting up the first post, suspect my subconscious was plagiarising homaging an old Cadfael book...
The Virgin in the Ice.. yes
Excellent BBC series as far as it went.. Derek Jacobi great in the lead role..

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Last night I dreamed I stopped into a wine shop..
“I” in quotes because I saw myself in the dream but I was someone I did not recognize..

At any rate I went into the store; Jason Brown was working there - apparently an expert - and I asked for a Pinot Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Savignon Blanc and told him to make the selections. He was so nice and confident in his recommendations … it ended there but it had the same vibe as a similar dream I had a few years ago when I dreamt he was my next door neighbor.. :shrug::):):):drama: