Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha interview- LIVE on June 28 | Golden Skate

Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha interview- LIVE on June 28

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
A nice interview. Marjorie has a softer, prettier look without so much heavy make-up on. I didn't recognize her.

Zak seems kind of solemn and serious, so when he breaks into a smile, it's nice to see.

MashaOfficial

Rinkside
A nice interview. Marjorie has a softer, prettier look without so much heavy make-up on. I didn't recognize her.

Zak seems kind of solemn and serious, so when he breaks into a smile, it's nice to see.
Yes! I think so too. At first he was kind of shy but he's so nice!!! Beautiful people ❤️

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yes @MashaOfficial, and thanks so much. I enjoy your interviews. You are kind, patient and generous to your guests and you ask good questions that spark revealing answers. You don't make the podcast about yourself or become overly opinionated or heavy-handed. You are very refreshingly engaged with the skaters and joy of the sport. I really like that. Thanks again!

ETA:
I also like that you start your podcast speaking in your native language, to include your compatriot fans who are non-English speaking. :)

Last edited:

MashaOfficial

Rinkside
^^ Yes @MashaOfficial, and thanks so much. I enjoy your interviews. You are kind, patient and generous to your guests and you ask good questions that spark revealing answers. You don't make the podcast about yourself or become overly opinionated or heavy-handed. You are very refreshingly engaged with the skaters and joy of the sport. I really like that. Thanks again!

ETA:
I also like that you start your podcast speaking in your native language, to include your compatriot fans who are non-English speaking. :)
awwww thank you so much for your kind words! It means a lot. I always try to be neutral about opinions. I think that's the way it would be! And more because I work as an olympic commentator. I don't think it would look too good if I wasn't neutral. Also,I respect every athlete! I know all the effort and sacrifice it takes to be there. I love when they share their stories with me (and the audience), see how happy they are with their progress, it's so heart warming! As you have noticed, I just LOVE this sport, and I also love to spread that love!!!
And as for the Latin American audience, yes! I'm sure they are thankful that I give them a little bit on their language... All my videos are in Spanish, but the interviews are in English, and sometimes is hard for some of them to catch up!
But I try to make everyone happy :)

Again, thank you for your kind words! You made my day.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
All my videos are in Spanish, but the interviews are in English, and sometimes is hard for some of them to catch up!
Yes, that's very good of you! Are you from Mexico? I know in Latin America there are different dialects. And in South America, people speak Spanish in some regions, and Portuguese in Brazil. Also, in South America, there are indigenous Native American languages most likely and probably a mixture of different languages like in New Orleans and in Caribbean countries and among the Gullah people off the coast of South Carolina.

Do you provide closed-captioning of your podcast interviews for Spanish-speaking fans? I often try to make out what you are saying in Spanish and I am able to pick out certain words and phrases because I took Spanish courses in school, but the only way to become fluent is to speak with native speakers and to become immersed and to learn the vocabulary well and have many opportunities to practice, which don't often happen in the U.S., unless you join Spanish language clubs or have friends and neighbors nearby who speak the language. Spanish is such an expressive, animated language, beautiful to the ear.

I am glad for you being able to work in the sport that you love, which keeps you involved and contributing in a productive way after your skating career. ❤️

MashaOfficial

Rinkside
Yes, that's very good of you! Are you from Mexico? I know in Latin America there are different dialects. And in South America, people speak Spanish in some regions, and Portuguese in Brazil. Also, in South America, there are indigenous Native American languages most likely and probably a mixture of different languages like in New Orleans and in Caribbean countries and among the Gullah people off the coast of South Carolina.

Do you provide closed-captioning of your podcast interviews for Spanish-speaking fans? I often try to make out what you are saying in Spanish and I am able to pick out certain words and phrases because I took Spanish courses in school, but the only way to become fluent is to speak with native speakers and to become immersed and to learn the vocabulary well and have many opportunities to practice, which don't often happen in the U.S., unless you join Spanish language clubs or have friends and neighbors nearby who speak the language. Spanish is such an expressive, animated language, beautiful to the ear.

I am glad for you being able to work in the sport that you love, which keeps you involved and contributing in a productive way after your skating career. ❤️
I'm from Mexico City :) We speak Spanish here, but as you said, there are places (small towns in Mexico) where some dialects are spoken.
I have only subtitled some of the interviews. On YouTube the subtitle tool is kind of slow. It takes hour to put subtitles on a one hour interview, so I have only done it on some. But I put English subtitles on all my Spanish videos (they are shorter).
I know what you mean about practicing a language... I also speak French. I used to speak French way better than English because I studied in a French school my whole life, and also my grandma lived in France and we spoke in French. But I graduated ages ago and don't speak it so often. I speak English all the time... Sooo, when I travel and I need to speak French, it's hard at the beginning. I start speaking French and without noticing I say words in English.

Thank you again so much for all your kind messages :)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ LOL, yes, similar for me. When I was learning French after having previously learned some Spanish, I would get mixed up and use Spanish words when trying to speak French. It's easier for young children to learn more than one language at the same time and not get the languages mixed up.

I look forward to seeing more of your conversations with skaters. Have you interviewed Donovan Carillo? Perhaps I missed it if you have. I'd love to hear an interview with Carillo, and also with Dinh Tran, two young up-and-coming skaters in the men's division who are very good and who both seem very passionate about the sport.

Thanks, and take care!