So Who Is Not Going to Worlds? | Golden Skate

So Who Is Not Going to Worlds?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
So far, I believe the following skater(s) will not be competing in Milan next month at Worlds:

Ladies
Mirai Nagasu (likely)

Men
Patrick Chan
Javier Fernandez (thx, Tigerlily87)
Yuzuru Hanyu (maybe)

Pairs
Duhamel / Radford

Ice Dance
Virtue / Moir

Have there been any reports of anyone else not going or is it just a lot of top Canadians?

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Have there been any reports of anyone else not going or is it just a lot of top Canadians?

Yes Canada outdid themselves on the medals in FS, they can rest :DDD

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
It'll probably take a bit more time before we get most news about this (at least until the Olys are over).
Not directly the thread question, but other candidates that aren't sure are Yuzu (who wants to prioritize getting his ankle fit again) and I think Nathan is undecided too (he had to face health problem here too if I don't remember wrong).

viennaskater

Medalist
They're going to have to seriously update that Milan Worlds website - there are many skaters' photos on there who for sure will not participate.

LaterSkater87878

Rinkside
It'll probably take a bit more time before we get most news about this (at least until the Olys are over).
Not directly the thread question, but other candidates that aren't sure are Yuzu (who wants to prioritize getting his ankle fit again) and I think Nathan is undecided too (he had to face health problem here too if I don't remember wrong).

I'm still wondering about Yuzuru myself :confused2:...I'm hoping he shows, but it's understandable if he doesn't, considering he's still trying to heal.

As for Nathan, I think he's going to Worlds for sure. Four days ago, Shae-Lynn Bourne said on her IG that she can't wait to see him perform at Worlds, so I'm thinking he's showing up.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am sure Nathan will go. With a couple of top skaters leaving and him winning the fs he will be pumped. I think in the past we would see a skater like Kostner say farewell but she will go as it is in Italy and skaters usually do well in their home country and the judges love her. The odds are one of the Japanese ladies and Osmond will not do as well or be tired. I expect the Russian top two will be not as good but there will be room on the podium for Carolina and then she can go.

I didn't understand the Russians B/S if there were taking a year off right away or after world's.
We now for sure Savchenko will go to worlds and she will drag Bruno if she has too. I don't want to say it serves her right but sometimes we can get greedy. I know it is a sport but she got her OGM I suppose she wants a world title with Bruno and with new found confidence and maybe consistency (try the triple axel lol) maybe they will hold off Sui and Han. But I would love to see a new podium. It won't happen but what if in a dream world Stolbova and Klimov took gold followed by Tarasova and Morozov and and then say the Knerims or one of the Canadian up and coming teams or the French?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I expect Mirai to go unless Dancing with the Stars offers her a job but I doubt they will My guess Adam Rippon may be offered a role first. The Shibutani's evenif they were offered DWTS would probably want to go to world's with a podium spot much easier without Virtue and Moir. I think the French PC will go because even they are flat they will win as they are so much better than the rest. The Italians will go as it is in Milan and there is room onthe podium in women and dance.