2016-17 GPF Short Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Short Dance

matcha

Medalist
I couldn't watch this live because of work and all that, but now that I'm caught up I'm quite glad I watched it on a delay (and super proud I avoided spoilers).

I just need a moment to cry happy tears for my Shibs.

chloepoco

Medalist
Shibs were clearly over-marked in the 2nd mark... They don't have a great presence on ice, they look rather small and she particularly wearing that trousers doesn't look aesthetically pleasant (short legs and so on).

Well, couldn't disagree with you more! I think they have great presence, and Maia looks stunning in her outfit!!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well the whole broadcast I strangely was agreeing with TAT:coffee:
except the praise for Tessa's outfit being complimentary:slink:

crying about CB :sad4:

Moment

Final Flight
I like Shibs and am glad they did well, but I have to agree that they were heavily overscored in this event all things considered especially their much weaker basics compared to VM and PC.

matcha

Medalist
Tessa and Scott were INCREDIBLE. This short dance of theirs is already a classic.

I'm a little worried about Gaby and Guillaume. This is the second competition in a row where they have made uncharacteristic mistakes and find themselves with a score that is really not competitive with Virtue/Moir. With a 3 point deficit going into the free, it's hard to see how they can come back and win here.

Is the race for the next Olympic title already kind of over? I'm afraid a hierarchy between the two couples has already been created.

P/C have always made little mistakes here and there in the past two seasons, it seemed that they were mostly just ignored. Now their mistakes are more obivous (maybe it's the style of the lindy hop so they're not given the benfit of the doubt...) and you know, the added pressure of competing so closely against V/M.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
And why is it that I'm starting to picture Sugarpova as a globe trotting, cabana boy hiring, sun worshiper?
lmao I dont even know what that means:laugh: need to do my homework:scard7:

+TAT's in love with Maia's back:laugh:

Last edited:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hot damn, what a competition from the top 3 placers! I still actually like V/M's long better than this short, but it was well executed and crisp. Shibs are so much fun and this is a great followup to last year's masterpieces. P/C give such a soft, romantic but sophisticated feel. Haven't watched the rest yet and I can see C/B had an unfortunate fall, but still -- smiling ear to ear over V/M, Shibs, P/C.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
That score was way too high for P/C. I kind of think the judges had a ballpark figure for them before they skated, and didn't adjust. Love Tessa's bodysuit - Maia's too. Gabriella and Guilaume's costumes seem out of place.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Please no Disney. They need to reach out to Derek and Julianne Hough who have said they danced many a latin dances together without making the judges sick. I also would like it if they reached out to more street latin dancers (rather than ballroom ones) to get the attitude right. I think after the GPF, they need to do continuous workshops with Hokuto Konishi and Aye Hasegawa to make their hip hop portion of their SD sing even more and look more authentic. They should also work on pushing out their blues pattern more outward. They can do it. Their Ravensburger Waltz from the beginning of the season to Worlds improved so much in terms of speed, power, and skating outwardly and with more conviction/stability.

Last edited:

nocturnalis

Medalist
I thought that too because that song is amazing, but the subject is about lust soooooo..... maybe not the song to make things less awkward for siblings
That's the joke. But seriously, after Carmen, I think V/M would do a good Hellfire. Since they aren't siblings and Scott's actually capable of both emoting to his partner and projecting to the audience, I think it will do well for them.

snd

On the Ice
Judges really don't like C/B this year (could be they want fewer US teams so close to the top?) and meanwhile this is the first season I really like C/B. Their material is fresh - I hate the Bad to the Bone part of the SD, but I think the FD is very creative and strong. C/B's victories this year have all been based on TES rather than PCS. When they mess up technically, they get dumped.

you describe how i feel in many ways. judges don't appreciate these 2 c/b programs... which is disheartening because the programs are interesting, not at all bland and have flair. i hated them before this season for 'stealing' medals from w/p back when i thought w/p deserved medals and for doing to rachmaninov what should never be done to a great composer... but now i feel so sorry for them. i do actually adore the bad to the bone part of their sd - alas, it was not very well performed today. this season, i have found myself rooting (most unexpectedly) for c/b, not rooting for w/p (almost as unexpectedly) and, again, rooting for g/p (as i always do).

olayolay

On the Ice
How do the judges not like C/B? They scored huge at Skate Canada and almost beat V/M. They messed up at Rostelecom or they would've won. They messed up here too. There's no big conspiracy. They made highly visible mistakes.