2016 Trophée de France Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Gala

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Epiphany...is Wakaba the skater who continued to skate her program, when the music stopped playing in an exhibition some years ago? I remember being so impressed!

Yes it was her back in 2014 :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Waka doing lyrical skating... what music is it? Anyone?

it is a music she chose herself. it is from 白夜行。 it is a very very deep Jmovie/Jdrama. if you havent watched it. Highly recommended.
Wakababy absolutely did this music proud.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think Wakababy need better program/choreo next season. she deserve the best and has the ability to deliver as well. her FS choreo/music editing is not the best.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow this is like cirques du soleil with rings, quite cool.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I really like it.. the dress also look a bit like Yuna's dress for Imagine in reverse.

the first dress is a bit resemble Yuna's medication dress. this outing they modified abit . and looks more like Yuna Imagine OG version.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think Wakababy need better program/choreo next season. she deserve the best and has the ability to deliver as well. her FS choreo/music editing is not the best.

She can do powerful and lyrical, an effective combo. Her programs were an improvement of last year already, so doing good so far. They were designed to emphasise her maturity, which worked!!!

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
it is a music she chose herself. it is from 白夜行。 it is a very very deep Jmovie/Jdrama. if you havent watched it. Highly recommended.
Wakababy absolutely did this music proud.

I don't think she watched the drama, she heard the music from Machida (whose program really expresses the plot of the drama). That's what she said anyway.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 6th Ice Dance video
2 Misha GE UZB 7th Men video
3 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 2nd Ladies video
4 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS 4th Pairs video
5 Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA 8th Men
6 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR 5th Ice Dance video
7 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 7th Ladies video
8 Nathan CHEN USA 4th Men video
9 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 3rd Pairs video
10 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 3rd Ladies video
11 Adam RIPPON USA 3rd Men video

Last edited:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
As much people complain about Bonaly, but her legacy certainly includes France being the only country with multiple black female skaters is so apparent. Wish there are more diversity in this sport and think it can breed much more interesting programs and skaters.

Maybe people should just stop putting human beings into some groups just because of their looks. :confused2: This is the reason for all the tensions. People are different tanned, it depends on geographical location (bc of the sun) and genes, different pigments doesn't make you a "different specie". :confused2:
It's the same as if you would say "why are there not more red haired skaters, or green eyed skaters..." Why would someone think like that? :scratch2:
People have different hair colors and eye colors, and it doesn't matter. Why does it matter what pigments in skin you have?
We are all the same, homo sapiens, why not treating all the same :think:

:eek:topic:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I don't think she watched the drama, she heard the music from Machida (whose program really expresses the plot of the drama). That's what she said anyway.

i dont know whether Wakababy watched the Jdrama either:biggrin: But I watched it a while back. it left a deep impression on me.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i just thought of Mai who also won bronze at SA for her Senior debut. but Wakababy's presentation/demeanor on ice is apparently much more maturer, although she is younger. Pressure make people mature faster, I guess.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Is the soundtrack from the old drama or the new one? I think they did a remake movie...right? I loved the original. Kage by Kou Shibasaki is one of my all time favourite songs. *_*

lady_bee

Medalist
I've found the advertisements around the link are very distracting. Why they don't turn off the lights?
It's first time to see those lighted ads at the Gala, at least for me.

I don't want to complain, just I am so sad, because TEB and Trophée Lalique were always my favorite competition.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Is the soundtrack from the old drama or the new one? I think they did a remake movie...right? I loved the original. Kage by Kou Shibasaki is one of my all time favourite songs. *_*

i forget, but I recognized the song the first time I saw it used in figure skating.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Maybe people should just stop putting human beings into some groups just because of their looks. :confused2: This is the reason for all the tensions. People are different tanned, it depends on geographical location (bc of the sun) and genes, different pigments doesn't make you a "different specie". :confused2:
It's the same as if you would say "why are there not more red haired skaters, or green eyed skaters..." Why would someone think like that? :scratch2:
People have different hair colors and eye colors, and it doesn't matter. Why does it matter what pigments in skin you have?
We are all the same, homo sapiens, why not treating all the same :think:

:eek:topic:

Ah ha... but if what you said is true, there'd

1) more different race participating in this sport
2) competitiors from more diverse nationalities
3) from different geographic locations in this sport
4) skating from a wider range of music genres, expressions from wider range of dance movement apart from the usual few rests typically on European classics and the occasional latin.

The fact there isn't shows subjectivity is still very old-fashioned and narrow-minded. It should be widened if the sport truly desires to survive and thrive, and reach out to every person's heart, and I mean ALL people (not just in France).

Last edited: