2017 Europeans Pairs FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Pairs FS

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
A +3 GOE across the board is so satisfying to look at (Bruno and Aliona sky-reaching 3Tw)

tulosai

Record Breaker
It is good and relaxin to know that the judges know what they are doing

In all fairness I think it did come out about right... I think the appropriate GOE probably would have been about zero- there was a glaring issue but there were also several good bullet point qualities- and the total GOE was only just slightly above that.

TMC

Record Breaker
Watching Vanessa & Morgan with my husband...His comment when the camera shows John Zimmerman: "Yeah guy, run your hands through that mane while you still can!" :laugh2:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
J6 or French judge really tried it. :laugh2:

Speaking of really trying it :laugh2:, on top of T/M's 10.00 and +3 on a flawed lift, most surprisingly, the same judge gave S/K 9.75 for SS, PE & IN, 9.50 for TR, and a 10.00 for CO -- the equivalent of 78.00 PCS. For a performance with a fall. LMAO :laugh2:

moriel

Record Breaker
Hmm.... the same judge that gave them a 10.00 was the same judge who gave them a +3?

Anyone able to clarify which country Irina Medvedeva represents? :laugh:

Technically she gave high scores to everybody =)
some of her stuff:
a +2 on S/M 3T+2T+SEQ and a +3 on their 3S
+3 on J/C 5BLi4 and their FiDs4 also
She was also the one who gave highest PCs to J/C btw
Also gave some high goe's to M/H

Looks like a happy one that loves everybody to me =)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
What an amazing last group! :jaw: Such a great evening for skating, and I hope all of the teams are happy and proud of themselves.

Can't lie though, enjoyment-wise I'd have that podium reversed. What a beaaaauuuuutiful LP from Aljona and Bruno, and there are simply no words to describe the Frenchies! :bow:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
The last group was simply amazing. One thing is clear. When Savchenko/Massot do not make mistakes, nobody can beat them.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The last group was simply amazing. One thing is clear. When Savchenko/Massot do not make mistakes, nobody can beat them.
Even if she did not fell in the SP, they would not be able to score 80 like T/M, they did pop jump in LP so the score in LP might be higher. It might be very close.
They need 3A throw to win T/M. But with her injury, this is a huge achievement. They should be happy with that.

Last edited:

bobbob

Medalist
Great skate from EVERYONE, really fantastic!

Once again though, Tarasova and Morosov receive incomprehensible PCS. TES they were amazing, maybe deserving even more than S/M, but their components should have been 5 points lower. Skating skills are good, but choreography and interpretation? Anyways worlds will be exciting! I think I'd still have to favor Queen Sui and Han, but Tarasova/Morosov, Savchenko/Massot, Stolbova/Klimov etc. will make it interesting. If clean, even J/C could contend for a medal, something we could not have envisioned before this competition.

sarama

Medalist
T/M's last lift was definitely problematic, but for example the commentators I was listening to didn't realise that at all, I guess some judges did the same, although I think it was pretty obvious and they are supposed to be paid for noticing mistakes:rolleye:.... Anyway I hope at least these scores won't be revised:biggrin:... they deserved to win, even though they desperately need some more charisma on the ice: they are TOO NICE, which makes them cute but boring, they need lessons from Ksenia or Trankov on how to sell it a little more!