2017 South Korean Nationals, 6-8th Jan. | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 South Korean Nationals, 6-8th Jan.

Finnstep

Final Flight
True. I kept thinking whoever had the higher placement would go, but 0.30 is really close here. And also, the 4CC team was already decided in November as Da Bin, So Youn, and Na Hyun because of the ranking competition. However, if So Youn WD from there too, then yeah, it could be Haejin.

Actually, there is Seo Hyun, who scored 152.25. Her score is higher than Haejin's(146.83), so I guess Seo Hyeon might be going to 4CC if So Youn doesn't.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Actually, there is Seo Hyun, who scored 152.25. Her score is higher than Haejin's(146.83), so I guess Seo Hyeon might be going to 4CC if So Youn doesn't.

Oops. I didn't take a close look at the rankings before the final group started. :laugh:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Guys, the competition is not finished yet:laugh: even though the stream has end! Now senior Ice dance warm up group is on the ice, and then will be senior pairs, and then award ceremonies and Exhibition!!:luv17:

champs

Final Flight
Thanks for the answers Finnstep and Krunchii, so i guess it's a no brainer for the junior worlds.
Does KSF traditionally decide who to send to senior worlds based solely off the nationals' final placement or has it let the candidates skate off at 4CC before?

Rinchan

Rinkside
Min Jung said that she and Na Hyun were on the same team before and then said something about her being a hard-worker or something? I missed the last part there.

Na Hyun beats Da Bin by 0.30! I wonder who they'll send to Worlds.

If I remember well she said that she was always the first to arrive at the icerink for the training.

I watched today's broadcast live and I was simply thrilled by the quality of the overall competition.

You Young: nice come back really. What a fighter. She also interpreted the music nicely, though I loved her performance at the ranking competition more. You could tell she was very focused and the choreography lost some of its nuances

Da Bin: Well, this is the best Da Bin I have seen this far. I think she is very reliable, every time she skates I know she is going to deliver, so I can sit back and just enjoy the performance without any tension haha, though she usually left me a bit cold on the artistic side. I have to say that I could feel some improvement and today's Doctor Zivago's FS wasn't boring, she was light and much faster than usual. Good job Dabin!

Yerim: She is also much improved on the artistic side. What a shame about that freak fall, but she came back nicely and was still able to grab the silver medal. I'm very proud of her!

Eunsoo: YOU GO GIRL!! I simply loved her. Finally she was able to put together two completely clean programs and show us her full potential. She skated with so much confidence, sass, joy, awareness.... words fail me to describe how amazed I am by her talent. I really hope she can skate like this at Junior Worlds, I think would spice up quite a bit and she even could act as a podium spoiler!

Nahyun: I really prayed for her to be able to skate without aggravating her injury any further. She skated far above my expectation and I'm so so happy that she could grab that bronze medal. You could tell that she was hesitant and even slower than usual, but what a grit, what nerves of steel! Brave brave girl! Well done and congrats! I hope that she will recover soon and I would like to see her at Worlds

This championship was amazing, but alas, I missed my Soyoun :(. I think the teams fo 4CC have already been decided, right? If I remember well, Soyoun was selected for it at the Ranking Competition. I hope she can recover soon enough, it would be a real joy to see her at least one last time this season.

Special mention for Kwak MinJeong, I loved her commentary, she was very informative and very supportive to the skaters, well done girl :D!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm glad to her positive reception for Min Jeong! I always thought it was a bummer her career ended so quickly, but in hindsight, she did get to go to Olympics and Worlds, and seems to be doing well coaching and now commentating.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Senior Ice dance live results
#1 Ho jung Lee/Richard Kang in Kam 127.80
#2 Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin 134.36 / Alexander missed during twizzle and not so much synchro.. otherwise beautiful and smooth performance :) / 1st at all

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Does An So Hyun have the minimum tech for 4CC? I only see that she's competed at Autumn Classic for the Juniors but would that count?

Also I saw that the ranking competition decides the spots for 4CC and AWG, has the AWG team been announced yet?

Last edited:

Rinchan

Rinkside
Oh I forgot about the men competition.
I was able only to see Cha JunHwan and I'm really happy that he could finally become National Champion.
The short yesterday was really perfect. At the beginning of the season I had my doubts about the music choice, however now the program grew on me and I really like it!
The free was as usual very beautiful and so nuanced. Every time he skates he amazes me.
I'm happy to know that Jinseo did rather well and I'm really happy for him that he will be able to skate at worlds after 2 years! I wish him the best of luck

Ah and just one correction on the commentary: during JunHwan's performance the male commentator said that "Mi mancherai" means "Don't forget me". That's not true!!! It means "I will miss you!" 널 그리워 할거야

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Senior Pairs live results with final scores
#1 Su yeon Kim/Hyung tae Kim 137.62 / woow they almost cleaned with double twist, sbs3S, th3Lz, sbs2A-2T-2Lo, th3S.... How nice to see them full of joy:agree:
#2 Kyueun Kim/Alex Kangchan Kam 127.57 / 3falls...:roll9:
#3 Minji Ji/Themistocles Leftheris 140.49 despite a fall at th3S(?maybe), otherwise nice job.

Now Award ceremonies will begin!!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Senior Pairs live results with final scores
#1 Su yeon Kim/Hyung tae Kim 137.62 / woow they almost cleaned with double twist, sbs3S, th3Lz, sbs2A-2T-2Lo, th3S.... How nice to see them full of joy:agree:
#2 Kyueun Kim/Alex Kangchan Kam 127.57 / 3falls...:roll9:
#3 Minji Ji/Themistocles Leftheris 140.49 despite a fall at th3S(?maybe), otherwise nice job.

Now Award ceremonies will begin!!

the Kim siblings are hard not to root for!

breadstal

Record Breaker
I missed competitions again :laugh::sad21: BUT YES, EUN SOO, YES JUN HWAN! :luv17: Too bad about that one fall on 3S but still, finally he's National Champion! Would love him to win Junior Worlds (it would give him even more pressure from media though But I think he handles it well...) And Eun Soo, you did it girl. Two. Clean. Programs, I'm so happy for her, she's for sure my favorite Korean lady right now and the most all-rounded, she's like little Yuna but in her own way.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Oh, Young... :cry: sad for her, but the others had delivered (congrats Eun Soo it was well deserved!) but Young she has a fighter spirit. No doubt she'll work her for next season and the start of her junior career.
Stay strong, my girl! You still have time to rock everything! :cheer:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Interview of Senior Ladies medalists, all congrats!!
Eunsoo Lim(1st), Yelim Kim(2nd), Na hyun Kim(3rd)
https://t.co/kkHT8IkCUa (Watch out, it`s Korean!!)

actually, Yelim and Na hyun get their first medal at nationals, and Eunsoo is second time to get medal(she earned in a row) but first time to become a champion.:love:

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Senior Worlds
Men : Jin Seo KIM
Ladies : Nahyun KIM
Pairs : Minji JI / Themistocles LEFTHERIS
Ice Dance : Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN

Junior Worlds
Men : Jun Hwan CHA, Si Hyeong LEE
Ladies : Eunsoo LIM, Ye Lim KIM
Pairs : Su Yeon KIM / Hyeongtae KIM

breadstal

Record Breaker
Congrats to Na Hyun and Jin Seo. I think Na Hyun is better option for Worlds even if I adore Da Bin, I feel like there's no much improvement from her (same with June) especially comparing to Na Hyun who I didn't knew about year ago and now she medaled in both in Ranking Competition and Nationals (with injured ankle). Good luck to everyone :ghug: Question, what about Asian Games?

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
2017 National Team Member
Men :
1. Jun Hwan CHA
2. Jin Seo KIM
3. June Hyoung LEE
4. Si Hyeong LEE

Ladies :
1. Eunsoo LIM
2. Nahyun KIM
3. Young YOU