2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I thought Yelim was overscored, but the idea of Ksenia’s FS ranking ahead of Yelim’s is laughable. Yelim was the only one who went clean in that group, and while I thought her PCS was too high relative to Moa’s, she absolutely committed to her programme in a way that Ksenia didn’t... and then there are Ksenia’s technical errors. I’m not sure Ksenia even belongs on the podium, but the competition for third was a choice between two overscored skaters that I’m not attached to, and third is justifiable and fair enough. But Ksenia just didn’t skate well enough for second place, and the posts lamenting how she deserved it and her season is over are a little hard to take. On the technical side, once you take out Sasha, Yelim was leagues ahead of the rest.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She moved up completely and has got senior GP spot so can't compete in the JGP.

That's what I thought :) It didn't make sense to hold her up in juniors.

ETA: Though Daniel Samohin once had resigned from his GP spot and skated in Juniors. So you never know.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I totally agree and it’s absolutely ridiculous that Yelim got higher PCS than queen of skating skills and transitions Sinitsyna. Plus Sinitsyna was lyrical and elegant, with natural musicality and performance. She would’ve had second if Yelim’s empty skate wasn’t scored through the roof with 58 PCS

Really hope we will see her again. If not this JGP season, then for sure next one. Her difficult program, her beautiful transitions and the skating that she's capable of...it's not something you meet everyday :(

leoleo

Medalist
no need to be nasty because one of your favorites didn't get the medal you thought she deserved.:scratch2:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
What I didn't expect from Yelim was how precise those landings were. Today they were clearly rotated with good flow-out. Just don't see that often in ladies skating; hence, all the +3s and +4s all across her protocol sheet as far as jumps are concerned.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
What I didn't expect from Yelim was how precise those landings were. Today they were clearly rotated with good flow-out. Just don't see that often in ladies skating; hence, all the +3s and +4s all across her protocol sheet.

Two words: Kaori Sakamoto

:laugh:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
-2 and +2 on the same jump. I’m not drunk enough for this.
Charitably I'm assuming that those two judges thought that even landing the jump deserved positive GOE, but yeah, she shouldn't be getting positive GOE on an underrotated jump.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Okay, after the music of two Queens this evening, now it is really The Queen's music

rachno2

Record Breaker
OK, yeah, I'm finally a Trusova fan. As much as I loathe most of Daniil's work, the two programs he created for Sasha this year are perfect. I think that was part of the reason why I wasn't sold on her last year, although I of course admired her jumping ability. This year, with these programs, I can appreciate her in all her fearless glory.

Agree that Yelim was overscored, although she deserved second place. I still personally prefer Young You and Ji hun To from Bratislava.

I really like Arkhipova and Beccari and look forward to seeing more of them.

ETA and Moa too, how could I forget! This last group was just 😍 all around

rikaquegira

On the Ice
That's what I thought :) It didn't make sense to hold her up in juniors.

ETA: Though Daniel Samohin once had resigned from his GP spot and skated in Juniors. So you never know.

Wait, you haven't watched Eunsoo this season??? Her SP is the best SP so far! Just absolutely stunning!!! :love: She skated in the Asian Open.