2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Short Program

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Her score is very accurate. Her jumps are small and wild and she should rightly have PCS lower than Koreans today.

Lower PCS than Yelim? Vika’s skating skills and transitions are in another league.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Alena has matured and realized that everything is serious around, the road to the Olympic games, unfortunately for her the time of laughter and jokes was left behind

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I'm really looking forward the protocols. Some scores are weird.

andromache

Record Breaker
-3T looked UR.

Ting has a lot of potential!!! But the spins and footwork could really be better, as could her edge quality. (And this program is very generic.) I'm worried that none of these will improve under Tom Z. But I bet training with all the Korean girls in her age group is good motivation.

Nice to see a young US lady skate a clean program.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alena has matured and realized that everything is serious around, the road to the Olympic games, unfortunately for her the time of laughter and jokes was left behind

Agreed. BTW Ted was right when he said "Sometimes you need to make a mistake."

tosca

On the Ice
AMAZING TING! So well deserved. She has all the qualities to be a champion... she just needed to focus!

leoleo

Medalist
i was no longer watching omg nice job ting cui! the top 3 scores are so close :eeking:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Good fight from Alena! She did not let that pop interfere with the rest of the program! Yes, she looked so sad and you could totally see she holding back her tears right after the mistake, her face became red immediately. But the music is not happy so her semblance didn’t really influence her performance. Her skating was beautiful and the other jumps were as good as always. This experience will only make her a better competitor! And, she can totally still win this competition and will most probably win with a good margin from the Free.
I saw people talking about Vasilieva but, I don’t know if it was because she skated after Kostornaya, but I was not too impressed with her skating. She’s good of course but there’s something missing... Russia has way too many talents so we nitpick! [emoji23]