2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 2 - Yoshkar-Ola | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 2 - Yoshkar-Ola

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I know all the junior girls attending the final aka Adeliya, Zhilina, Sofia A & M get a pass to both senior and junior nationals but am i remembering wrong or isn't it a rule that every skater that attended jgp gets a pass to junior nationals or was it every skater that attended 2 jgp events? If so Kullikova and Zinina at least are also eligible without competing in Russian junior cup if only 1 counts then Liza B also is eligible. Maria Z took 2 silver already in Russian cup so she qualified already. Thats potentially 8 spots gone already for Junior nationals.

Dmitrieva needs to do far better in her second event if she wants a trip to nationals. I think she might need that podium finish to make up the difference.

Poor Masha P, when she on she is so lovely to watch but her jumps are not stable at all. In previous seasons she has been a sp skater and has trouble in fs but in Russian cup series this season neither her sp or fs has worked.:(
I wanted to see Latushkina in jr nats again so bad:console:
Well, two seasons ago, all that had a JGP assignment got a free pass to Junior Nats. It would mean that Zakharova qualified anyway although she did 2 stages here. But, I don't know if they have changed the rules.

Dmitrieva should not go for the 3A in the short, it is too risky imo. She needs to play it safe next time, and yes she probably needs a podium finish.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Well, two seasons ago, all that had a JGP assignment got a free pass to Junior Nats. It would mean that Zakharova qualified anyway although she did 2 stages here. But, I don't know if they have changed the rules.

Dmitrieva should not go for the 3A in the short, it is too risky imo. She needs to play it safe next time, and yes she probably needs a podium finish.
Thats what I remembered about the jgp assignments too but dont know if they changed the rules for that.

Maria doesn't get very high levels on spins or step sequences so the 3A-3T gamble on sp makes it even worse for her when se falls.

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh no, my secret favourite Kolya Loginov did not skate olè today. 😭 He is such a wild jumper, but still the boy with the most beautiful lines in St. Petersburg. It will go better next time!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Finally caught up!

I am so happy to see Gorbacheva win! I was so sad when she didn’t get a JGP stage, because she is great. Other than that, sad for Paramonova, she tried so hard 💔 but everyone else was just lovely!

My favourite moment was Nelyubova breathing out ‘holy cow’ as the camera moved away from them after she saw her score and bronze (well earned!)

Also, two girls who are not from Moscow/StP on the podium!

Last edited: