2021 Worlds: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 103 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Ladies' Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Loena and the Austrian ladies were nice "surprises" though we always knew Hendrix had it in her. I do worry is this the demise of Satoko? What happened to RIka? Anna held it together and I think Trusova has a lot of fight that's for sure. The American ladies were kind of luck to get three spots and Japan too. Wow one spot lower for both and they would have had two. Ms. Bell and Ms. Liu must be doing the happy dance. Three US ladies. Well Canada came down to earth but still Madeline wasn't a total disaster unlike Emily. I think Liza must be so happy. Who would have thought. Kind of sad or interesting depending on how you view it - The three Russian ladies may not be strong enough to make the Russian team next year with two very strong juniors and maybe the return of Aliona to form. Only in Russia. 2019 former world champ and bronze medallists appear finished already. Rika and Satoko must be drinking a lot of sake. I just don't know what happened.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
No she was age eligible this year. She's older than Kamila and they're age eligible next year.
2021-2022 will be her first senior season. I thought a Senior Grand Prix would be her first important senior international, but now it looks likely to be Nebelhorn.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Thank you for the info. US has a few good choices to send.
Yep, hopefully Alysa will figure out her growth spurt and go. Or Amber. I know the USFS likes to push cute and perky Bell, but she's on the way out. Do you have to medal at Nebelhorn to get an extra spot?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Yep, hopefully Alysa will figure out her growth spurt and go. Or Amber. I know the USFS likes to push cute and perky Bell, but she's on the way out. Do you have to medal at Nebelhorn tonight get an extra spot?
I heard that Alysa was already hitting the 3a again in practice just prior to Nationals. No need to medal, just come in top six among those eligible for Olympic spots (or top ten if extra potential qualifying spots are added from Worlds, which is up for debate). Really, any of our top ten ladies should easily qualify us.

Ziotic

Medalist
I’m really sad Maddie didn’t finish 12th this guaranteeing two GP.

Karen, one again coming in clutch for the US at pre Olympic worlds.

Russian scoring, a joke. Good for Anna winning. It looks like her quads will soon be a thing of the past.
Yay Leona! You slayed.

thankful Japan kept their three spots

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I’m really sad Maddie didn’t finish 12th this guaranteeing two GP.

Karen, one again coming in clutch for the US at pre Olympic worlds.

Russian scoring, a joke. Good for Anna winning. It looks like her quads will soon be a thing of the past.
Yay Leona! You slayed.

thankful Japan kept their three spots
I believe Anna will rest and prepare for Olympic season. It seem her illness doesn't effect her form immediately however she was not able to regain it to Worlds unfortunately as it has to be in normal year.

Janice4th

On the Ice
Anna Shcherbakova did 7 triple jumps and two 2Axels, along with a 3Lutz+3Loop combo. Compare this layout to these clean skaters. It's actually more difficult even without taking the quad pass into account.

You'd do well to realize that the jump her 4F replaced is a 2Toe, or a 2Loop. And even with a fall, it's worth some 4 points more.
Anna was the correct winner. The other two Russians, not so much.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So at the end i want to give a bow to Loena Hendrickxx, Olga Mikutina and Lindsey van Zundert who were the only one skated here with their full potentials. All the other skaters should have done more. But there is always a next time, and until then:thank:
And you forgot Josefin Taljegård, who gave it all with a very weak tech content, but delivered. I would never have thought she would qualify for the long, or keep on to 15th place! :)

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
I am also not agreeing with PCS for Liza and other Russian ladies, and also I think that Kaori and Karen should have been got higher PCS. However, I am so happy for Liza. I have been watching her back in 2015, and I am so grateful to see her on the podium. Seeing her in the K&C, my god I hardly engaged myself not to cry.
Love you Liza <3

soccerjc77

On the Ice
I'm kind of disappointed that the world champion Anna Shcherbakova didn't have success any triple axel and any quad for to be first. To me that's not what I call a champion, it call Eteri Bonus with triple and double axel. It's frustrating.

To me, the real world champion should have be Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. She did success 3 triple axel !!! And, did two difficult and great program.

And, Alexandra Trusova should have be second and Anna third.

But, I guess Eteri Bonus corrupted the sport with ISU : which favors Eteri skaters no matter how they perform ...