2022-23 Japan National Championships - Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championships - Free Dance

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
What's written in those towels for KanaDai? It looks like K7D1 to me - or am I blind?

Is it meant to be "Kana" as 7 is "nana" in Japanese and "Daichi" (?) cause 1 is "ichi"?

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
What's written in those towels for KanaDai? It looks like K7D1 to me - or am I blind?

Is it meant to be "Kana" as 7 is "nana" in Japanese and "Daichi" (?) cause 1 is "ichi"?

You're correct about K7! :) As for "D1" I hope it's fine to quote from KanaDai's fan fest:

D1 is a shortened form of "D1SK", which is a stylised version of D(a)is(u)k(e) with "1" replacing the "i". If I recall correctly Dai came up with the idea and I think he drew the prototype of what would become his official logo himself.

I recall Dai said somewhere, when he thought about the logo for his own goods, decided to replace 'I(=ai in Japanese)' to 1, wishing to be 'number 1'. In the same manner, I think Kana has chosen 'na' as 7 (-nana in Japanese) then k7. :)

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not like Kanadai haven't made big mistakes before, but that was probably the most shocking mistake from them!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Free Dance video links (video quality can be increased up to 720p by clicking on the settings wheel)

Program MusicChoreographer(s)
Kana Muramoto / Daisuke TakahashiPhantom of the OperaMarina Zueva, Ilia Tkachenko, Kenta Kojiri
Misato Komatsubara /
Takeru Komatsubara (Tim Koleto)
The Fifth ElementRomain Hagenauer, Marie-France Dubreuil,
Ginette Cournoyer, Samuel Chouinard,
Eva Airapetian
Nichole Takahashi / Shiloh JuddHans Zimmer - Day One (Interstellar),
home with you by FKA twigs
Akari Kinoshita / Takahiko TamuraMadonna MedleyKenji Miyamoto
Saiko Kikuchi / Yoshimitsu IkedaSecrets by OneRepublicAaron Lowe
Haruno Yajima / Tsutomu MatsuiLes MisérablesNeil Brown

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
Is this the first time a skater of any country has won national titles in two disciplines?
synesthesia already wrote it on KanaDai's fan fest, but I hope nobody don't mind if I repeat it here.
Yamato Tamura - very expressive skater and good coach.
1996/97 gold medal in pair skating (with Marie Arai) and silver medal in single
1997/98 gold medal in single
2003/04 gold medal in single

sorry, I am writing so slowly.. :rolleye: