2022-23 Japanese Women's Figure Skating | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japanese Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidline

Final Flight
There was an event at the Howa Sportsland rink today with Akiko Suzuki and Yuhana Yokoi, among others.

From the layout, it seems new Short Programs were revealed:

Rino Matsuike - One Day I'll Fly Away (from Moulin Rouge)

Mako Yamashita - She is Like The Swallow (choreography by Akiko Suzuki)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I wonder if Rino has started to enjoy warhorses? It's warhorse after warhorse for her these last two seasons, ever since Higuchi left the Tokai team. And I miss the music choices Rino had back then, although the warhorse streak started with the Moonlight FS already, but at least it was complemented by A Quoi Ca Sert l'Amour as SP. I'm so disappointed, all the more that she's one of my favorite skaters. What a downgrade after her charming Perhaps Love senior debut. But I'm still hoping to hear a better announcement for Rino's FS at least. If it's Les Mis or something akin to that, I'm going to :bang:
Mako's choices sound much more inspired. Her tech content sounds good, too, she doesn't give up easily 💪

rabidline

Final Flight

Mao Shimada has entered into an exclusive management contract with KSM Co. Ltd., a subsidiary company under Kinoshita Group that focuses on Management, mediation, sponsorship contracts and consulting for athletes and others.

Interesting as it seems she's not directly under Kinoshita Group, which still only lists Riku Miura & Ryuichi Kihara and Koshiro Shimada as their athletes, but it can also be they have not updated their website yet: http://kinoshita-group-sports.com/figureskating/

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm looking for video of a few of Rika's earlier performances...

16/17 > Kinki Junior Regionals > FS (10/10/16)
17/18 > Japan Western Junior Sectionals > FS (11/4/17)
17/18 > Japan Junior Nationals > FS (11/26/17)

I know video of Japan regionals and sectionals often isn't available, but I'm hoping to at least get lucky with the junior nationals footage! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm looking for video of a few of Rika's earlier performances...

16/17 > Kinki Junior Regionals > FS (10/10/16)
17/18 > Japan Western Junior Sectionals > FS (11/4/17)
17/18 > Japan Junior Nationals > FS (11/26/17)

I know video of Japan regionals and sectionals often isn't available, but I'm hoping to at least get lucky with the junior nationals footage! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case folks are interested, I was able to at least find clips from each of these performances...

I'm still holding out hope of finding the full video of at least some of these. 😊

rabidline

Final Flight

rabidline

Final Flight
Will update this on the 2023-2024 Programs thread once there's a non-paywalled source, but it seems Mone Chiba's FS is 海の上のピアニスト or "The Legend of 1900" choreographed by Akiko Suzuki according to this paywalled article:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Sorry, I don't have time to translate the article, but Mao Asada is going for the triple axel again for her own satisfaction (and because she enjoys the challenge as an athlete). She is 32. What an inspiration she and Midori Ito are! https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202306090001333.html
I probably won't have time to provide a detailed translation either. But here's a short clip from today's Airweave event:

In this part, Mao said: yes, I'm in the middle of practicing 3A. I hope to practice more when I finish the 'Beyond' tour. If I succeed, I will post the video on IG.

I think one of the reasons for her to challenge 3A is that, she thinks she's in a good condition, while preparing for her current Beyond tour. She also mentions that hopefully her challenges will inspire future generations to keep on trying the jump.

Personally, I think it's not just the 3A, but also her challenge with pair skating (with Ryo Shibata) that are impressive.

rabidline

Final Flight
JSF released their venue selection for major national and international competitions hosted in Japan next season:

Status
Not open for further replies.