2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Lombardia Trophy Women's Short Program

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is exactly what I felt when I saw her SP yesterday. Can anybody help me and tell why she left Benoît? Just to try out something new or was there an issue between both of them or between her coaches and him? It really makes me sad, seeing her skating to something that isn’t matching her potential and for me it‘s not suiting her. And this is what Benoît‘s programmes really did, they let her shine on the ice and they brought out her personality. Music, Choreography and her personality came together, there was this wonderful connection … I miss this.
There was an interview Kaori did last summer saying she wanted to improve as a skater and if she wanted to be the Olympic champion, she had to try new things and improve on her weaknesses (paraphrasing).

It's early in the season and Kaori is a really good skater, I think by the end of the season she'll feel more confident with both programs (and perform/connect with the music better).

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Maybe, but honestly I am not sure the choreo to instrumental music is always that much better. Just maybe bad choreo/no choreo is a little less jarring without lyrics. I'd rather see the choreo side of things improve, on the whole. I like Nathan's Rocket Man choreo, and his La Boheme. I also liked Vincent's Vincent program. (And Rohene choreographs to ANYTHING brilliantly.) As the artistic side of skating gains more prominence again, I think the demand for good choreo will follow. At least I hope it will.
I very much agree that choreography needs to be emphasized a bit more in programs, along with the technical stuff.