3Lz!+COMBO Fall
3Lo
FCSp4
LSp4
2A
StSq3
CCoSp4

Score: 57.06

Wonderful skate, apart from the unfortunate fall on the opening combination. She almost had it and then she just slipped right into the splits.😭

Carol1

Medalist
This music floods my mind with so many memories: Michelle Kwan, Rachael Flatt, Gracie Gold, and of course Elena Glebova.

Unfortunately I also remember the horrific version of it Caydee Denney skated to.

This was a diverse event! Highlights for me included the Japanese and Korean skaters and Papp.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Chiara MINIGHINI (ITA)
East Of Eden (soundtrack) by Lee Holdridge

2F+2T
2Lo
FCSp2
2A
StSq2
CCoSp3
LSp3

Score: 40.75

From her leg-wrap on the doubles, I'm guessing she's normally capable of triples? Her jumps seem big enough for it anyways. A nice, clean-ish skate to finish the evening off.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so in my curiosity to find out if she is related to me, I have been doing some research into Mirika Armstrong. And talk about being from New Zealand skating royalty! 😲

Mirika is:

• the daughter of Rosanna Blong, who won the New Zealand Ladies Championship 4 times in the late 80's / early 90's
  • the niece of Christopher Blong, who won the New Zealand Men's Championship 6 times in the late 80's / early 90's
  • the niece of Darren Blong, who was the first New Zealander inducted into the International Ice Hockey Hall Of Fame
  • the cousin of Katya Blong, who won a gold medal at the 2020 Youth Olympics in Ice Hockey

It all started when Marika's grandparents, Ross and Nell Blong, bought a rink in 1974. And the family's lives have revolved around the ice ever since!

Mirika is coached by her Mum.

And I still don't know what I was trying to find out! :laugh: But, I would be honoured if I did have a connection to such an illustrious skating family, even if it was not directly.

CaroLiza_fan