2022 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ha ha Shoma's almost too short for that podium picture.

Also lots of masks and persplex but they do get their medals put around their necks rather than having to do it themselves.

Goodnight Ted!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
i don't think so... Adam is ahead with 15+7>11+11

Sota has 26
Daniel has 24
Shoma has 30
Kao has 26
+ the winner at Espoo will pass Adam... and perhaps even the 2nd place finisher at Espoo
(deep sigh) I got my hopes up for a second but I shouldn't have done that. Well darling mine let's rock 4CC instead

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Awwww Shoma's singing / mouthing the national anthem 🥹

And Sota joined him for the last part ^ ^ Did anyone catch the winner & 2nd place interviews? The sound in the arena was hard for me to understand, but being used to at least Sota's voice, I caught something about aiming for a perfect skate and being frustrated. But I couldn't understand Shoma's answers.

Andrea82

Medalist
i don't think so... Adam is ahead with 15+7>11+11

Sota has 26
Daniel has 24
Shoma has 30
Kao has 26
+ the winner at Espoo will pass Adam... and perhaps even the 2nd place finisher at Espoo

Sato with a 2nd place would pass Adam (11+13 points).
Messing with a 2nd place won't (9+13)=22 points but Adam's win in France would make him win the tie-breaking)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
My biggest sad here is that Rizzo couldn’t replicate SkCan success but I hope to see both him and Grassl on Eu podium this year. He has my fav set of SP/FP this year.

I always get this impression that Tomono lets music carry him away, so he falls, but doesn’t visibly care.

Glad to see Uno pulling off one of his frees with his knees. This season he also seems to follow the rule, ‘if you think you are boring your audience, go slower not faster’. And to a great effect.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sato with a 2nd place would pass Adam (11+13 points).
Messing with a 2nd place won't (9+13)=22 points but Adam's win in France would make him win the tie-breaking)
So sad I wanted Messing to come out with something. It was so devastating his Olympic nightmare. If things go as many think Canada will get an OBM in the team. Nothing against Roman because he did skate to keep Canada in it but thats all. He skated poorly in the eam event WEll the entire olympics but he will get a team medal because of the flight issues of M essing.

rain

Record Breaker
Just had a chance to finish watching the men's LP and here are a few of my thoughts:

Shoma's LP was gorgeous once again, but I think my absolute favourite was Junhwan Cha. His Bond program is brilliantly choreographed and he is perhaps the best artistic skater of all the men right now. I loved it from beginning to end. I thought it was too bad it wasn't enough for the silver.

From the scores and placements I went in thinking that Gogolev must have skated a bit of a disaster, but that was not the case. He actually skated really well here, and was basically done in by lukewarm GOE and components. Despite that, looking at his skate, I have to think he's in serious contention to make the Canadian team to worlds this year, if he can skate like that at Canadian nationals. He may not be the most inspiring artistically, though I do think he's improved a bit on this score (and unfortunately I don't think this is ever Artunian's strength or interest), but he certainly has the technical content to possibly even win the national title if Roman and Keegan can't get it together over two programs. I certainly think he's promising, though I'm not sure he's done growing yet. The guys just seem to get really, really tall in Canada these days, lol.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
(deep sigh) I got my hopes up for a second but I shouldn't have done that. Well darling mine let's rock 4CC instead
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Mr. Charisma get his shot in the GPF, but I’d also like him to be able to rest up and work on that 3A a bit more so that he can defend his 4CC title in grand style. Especially since I plan to be there to watch :)