2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Women's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Women's Free Skate

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm not sure? Maybe the RusFed just wants to put everything on Kamila because well... everyone's already crowned her queen, might as well make it official.

Of course it kinda feels like Sasha and Anna have been dumped by their Fed at the Olympics, which is nasty. But I think that's the Feds middle name.
I mean they did the same thing in pairs too. All eggs in one basket is something the Russian fed. has a history of (especially in mens)

rain

Record Breaker
I mean they did the same thing in pairs too. All eggs in one basket is something the Russian fed. has a history of (especially in mens)
It made more sense in the other disciplines, though, particularly with the U.S. coming within a hair of beating the Russians in the short programs. Presumably any of the Russian women should be able to be counted on to beat the field here and secure maximum points. And tiring Valieva before the individual event is a risk (though I still expect her to win handily).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad for Vincent. I really thought he would do amazing in an attempt at redemption after that less than stellar team event free skate. I hope no one else was exposed… 😢
It might explain the free skate. At least he's getting a medal:(

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well pairs is slightly more understandable as T/M already have a silver from 2018.

B/K certainly are getting no love these days though :(

And Sasha and Ivan should probably feel the worst, they aren't even in Beijing yet.

The RusFed needs new management, they're bloody awful to their athletes. Even if you're a favourite they'll eventually toss you aside and tell you not to let the door hit you on the way out.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is the official policy for quarantine and such? I mean he was also on the ice with other men from other countries too.

For his own sake I really hope it's not true. I don't like anyone getting it
They quarantine them in hotels. I was just reading an article today complaining about the quality of the quarantine hotels. Let me see if I can find it again. Yes, here it is. https://apnews.com/article/winter-olympics-quarantine-hotels-e2d2ffc60d9800cf1951cc3eaed323cb

sworddance21

On the Ice
I haven’t been too familiar with Madeline’s skating before this, but after this TE, I am quite impressed! What a fierce skater! Canada’s future Kaetlyn!
I wasn’t familiar with her, either. She has some impressive qualities but I wish she would extend through her lower back and open her shoulders. I feel like she skates so bent over.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right? I was so excited during the wait for figure skating, I had to watch and got inexplicably hooked… 🤣
I don't understand it. I mean the sport, not your being hooked on it. :) Now short track - there's an awesome sport. Pure chaos. And if I'm lucky my pretend Olympic boyfriend Apollo Anton Ohno will commentate it.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really doubt TSL would have posted that if it weren’t true. I’m not a fan of Dave, but I’ve never known him to spread rumors. I hope I’m wrong though.
I thought that was at least 50% of what he did. Spread rumors. But I'm getting off topic.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well pairs is slightly more understandable as T/M already have a silver from 2018.

B/K certainly are getting no love these days though :(

And Sasha and Ivan should probably feel the worst, they aren't even in Beijing yet.

The RusFed needs new management, they're bloody awful to their athletes. Even if you're a favourite they'll eventually toss you aside and tell you not to let the door hit you on the way out.
And the women get until they are 15-16 before they get tossed aside..

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Given the situation with COVID, I really don’t agree with this rule. But, it is what it is.

Poor Vincent, if this is true.
This happened in 2014, when Plush only wanted to skate the team event and have someone else skate in the individual. No go. So as it turned out, he withdrew after the TE and Russia had no entries in the men’s event.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I thought that was at least 50% of what he did. Spread rumors. But I'm getting off topic.
I agree, TSL can be sensational in its reporting, but usually they'll put a disclaimer if it's just a rumor. I do doubt they'd publish something like that, during the OG, without a good source. And if NBC has reported it too, then I'd take it as legitimate.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, TSL can be sensational in its reporting, but usually they'll put a disclaimer if it's just a rumor. I do doubt they'd publish something like that, during the OG, without a good source. And if NBC has reported it too, then I'd take it as legitimate.
Yes I am taking it as legitimate given the report from NBC.