2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So Taiwan's TING Tzu-Han continues her long run at the top!

And an impressive lead it is too: 11.11 points over Anna LEVKOVETS (KAZ)!

This really is turning into a good day for her, isn't it @cohkaix!

CaroLiza_fan

An update:

:cheer: SHE WON THE SHORT PROGRAMME!!! :cheer:

Nobody infiltrated the Top 3 since I posted that. So, although I do expect Levkovets and Farafanova to fight back tomorrow, with that size of a lead you have to say that Tzu-Han has a very good chance of converting the overnight lead into the title.

@cohkaix - Yu-Feng has already won a Junior GP 🥉 Bronze Medal this season, and now Tzu-Han is looking good to add another medal here to the 🥈 Silver Medal she won at the Asian Open. What a season this is turning into for your country!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We stay with the Seniors, but move from the girls to the chaos! :devil: 14 boys, arranged into a group of 4; followed by two groups of 5. No resurfacings until the end of the segment.

Livestream for Senior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ov_I7PD-8

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG001.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a good finish to the opening group (!) The picture from the camera in the results area froze when Xavier VAUCLIN (FRA) was waiting for his scores. I thought the stream was frozen, but then the graphic with the scores on it appeared, while the picture remained frozen.

Then we went to the main camera looking over the rink, and skater #4 Alp Töre OVALIOGLU (TUR) was called. And nobody appeared. Sure enough, he was a withdrawal.

Oh, and the livescoring page has just updated. The first skater in Group 2, skater #5 Başar OKTAR (TUR), has also withdrawn!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, I just found out something when checking what accents are supposed to be on his name.

Alp Töre OVALIOGLU (TUR) is on Ice Partner Search looking for a Pairs partner.

So, that might explain why he is a withdrawal.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, we have a premature end to the competition. The last skater, Ian VAUCLIN (FRA) has withdrawn.

Back in an hour for the Dancers.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The rest of the day is going to be spent in the 1980's! 14 Junior partnerships; followed by 15 Senior partnerships. First up, 14 Junior partnerships, arranged into a group of 4; followed by two groups of 5. No resurfacings until the end of the segment.

Livestream for Junior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ov_I7PD-8

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG011.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Straubs are starting us off with three great songs that I would never have thought of putting together! And whilst I am not totally convinced that they go together, it was great to hear them!

Not a bad start to our Friday 80's Dance Fest!

Camera in the results area is still playing up. Thankfully the picture is just jerky, rather than completely freezing like earlier.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Think this is the first time I have seen Diane and Joe.

I liked Joe's previous partnership with Nell DENTON, and was sad when they ssplit. But, I liked what I just saw in his partnership with Diane SZNAJDER.

Looking forward to seeing their Free.

There wasn't much reaction to the scores. Just a brief smile from Diane.

Into 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
this is a competition that counts for TES minimums, isn't it? Because if so, that means Tzu Han Ting has finally earned her World SP minimums!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from a partnership which includes a guy that I have often wondered if I am maybe related to in some way (my Granda had cousins that were Booths), to a partnership which includes a guy who last season was in a partnership that I was going to adopt!

You gotta love a "Ghostbusters" programme. One of my favourite programmes last season, which led to me adopting the skater (as well as her sister and mother!), was a "Ghostbusters" programme. (Unfortunately, we haven't seen Katya Gervits yet this season).

I absolutely loved that programme from Seraina TSCHARNER / Laurin WIEDERKEHR (CHE).

And the coach is even colour co-ordinated with them! See, it's the attention to little details!

Into the lead. And deservedly so!

:cheer: WELL DONE SERAINA AND LAURIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh and it looks like Bernard and Bonetto being down for the junior ice dance comp was an error- they're now in seniors (i did think it was a little odd after how well they did as seniors at Pavel roman memorial).

And in the juniors- is that the Kazakh ice dancer that was on the Junior grand prix a couple of seasons back competing for Turkey now? And wasn't his partner at junior worlds with another partner? They must be a pretty new team.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
this is a competition that counts for TES minimums, isn't it? Because if so, that means Tsu Han Ting has finally earned her World SP minimums!

It is indeed. All international competitions count towards TES Minimums, provided that they have enough countries represented amongst the Judges and the entries. And there was here.

Only Junior / Senior GP's, Challengers, Euros / 4 Continents, and Junior / Senior Worlds count towards PB's.

I wish they could make it easier to keep track of what counts and what doesn't.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't seen this French partnership before. But, they were good! (And I'm not just saying this as a Queen fan).

Hope their chances here don't live up to the title of the sing they were skating to - "Another One Bites The Dust"

Into 3rd

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Earlier, I thought the Straubs (AUT) were skating to great songs, but wasn't sure if they went together.

I have no such doubts with the songs that Andrea PSURNA / Jachym NOVAK (CZE) were skating to. They are great songs, but they definitely DON'T go together.

But, the skating was good, so they go into the lead.

CaroLiza_fan

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
It's weird watching competitions where the camera's not behind the judges. Adds a different perspective i guess.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When Elena and Antonio came out and started skating to "Bad" by Michael Jackson, something I wrote a few weeks ago when I saw Davis / Smolkin skating to the same song came into mind:

I have to laugh with a partnership that is married starting off their programme with a line that says "your butt is mine"!!! Getting territorial now, are we?

Well, I am definitely not comfortable with a sibling partnership skating to that line!

Ouch! Into 7th and penultimate position.

That is not what they would have been looking.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Kylie Minogue medley for Myroslava TKACHENKO / Riccardo PESCA (UKR). "Locomotion", then "Look My Way", then "I Should Be So Lucky".

But the edits were awful! 🙉

Myroslava has her pony tail done in an interesting way. I would say that if it was not tied up, her hair would probably be as long as Trusova's was!

They were kept a long time waiting for their scores, and Riccardo looked thoroughly fed up!

Into 7th.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally a Depeche Mode RD by Tournadre/Gipoulou (FRA)

Thank you!!! :bow: :clap: :points:

I was thinking the whole way through the song "I know that voice", but I couldn't place who it was!!! :slink:

This is the first time we have seen Thomas and new partner Agathe, isn't it?

It can't have been long that they have been skating together, because Louise and Thomas' ISU Bio had been updated for this season! :drama:

Not a bad start - they go into 4th.

CaroLiza_fan