2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Looks like Maxim and Andrew T. are 1/2 after the senior short. Anyone see how they actually looked?
Maxim popped his 4S to a double but did a good 3A. His combo was a 3/2 but everything else was good. Andrew T. did a 3A but it looked under. He did a 3Z for the solo jump and then did a 3/2 for the combo. Andrew has wonderful skating skills but I don't think the spins and steps all got to level 4. I can't tell Z and Flips apart in real time :scratch2:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think I am lost. I show tht second half of ladies to start at 8:55 Pacific,11:55 Easstern?

gkelly

Record Breaker
In this case, there is only a small entry in Senior Ice Dance, so I can work out easily enough that with starting #6, Emilea and Vadym will be in Group 2. But, with 9 partnerships, it's hard to tell whether it will be 4 in Group 1 and 5 in Group 2 (in which case they will be the second partnership in Group 2); or 5 in Group 1 and 4 in Group 2 (in which case they will be the first partnership in Group 2).
According to the rules, in case the number of entries doesn't divide evenly, the draw will always have the later groups be larger. If there are 9 teams, the initial draw will always be 4 and then 5.

Of course it's always possible that there would be late withdrawals from a later group to make the actual numbers of skaters in that group fewer than in an earlier group, but if you have access to the initial start order including the withdrawn skaters, it would be clear where the breaks should fall according to the rules.

For US Nationals only there is a "TV rule" that requires the last group(s) of seniors to have a full 6 singles/5 dance teams/4 pairs (not counting withdrawals) regardless of the total entries, so the keeping the groups even princple doesn't apply and the first group might be very small.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
According to the rules, in case the number of entries doesn't divide evenly, the draw will always have the later groups be larger. If there are 9 teams, the initial draw will always be 4 and then 5.

Of course it's always possible that there would be late withdrawals from a later group to make the actual numbers of skaters in that group fewer than in an earlier group, but if you have access to the initial start order including the withdrawn skaters, it would be clear where the breaks should fall according to the rules.

For US Nationals only there is a "TV rule" that requires the last group(s) of seniors to have a full 6 singles/5 dance teams/4 pairs (not counting withdrawals) regardless of the total entries, so the keeping the groups even princple doesn't apply and the first group might be very small.

That explains everything. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
((Ting)) The first triple toe was so big, then fell on the second. Then she kept adjusting her shoulder strap, right before her fall on the flip too. Two falls, what a shame. I still love watching her skate though - so lovely.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
poor Ting. 2 falls
Sadly so was her butt. Someone tell her to forget the overhead arms and just land the jumps. And to make sure her shoulder straps stay on her shoulder. She is way too good for these results.
True. It is clear to me she is still injured...and may never heal. The fact that she is in second place after half the field speaks volumes about the state of US senior ladies.... score 48.35.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh. I hate watching 2 screens and hope I NEVER have to do it again. So happy for Lara! She came so close r making it last year! I love Jill Heiner’s program for her but she could not execute it this time. Sorry if I seem snippy but I’ve seen so much skating already it’s all running together and I can barely keep it straight. Don’t know how y’all do it.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hugs to my fellow Sectionals junkies! Why do they do this to us? Now we have Senior Rhythm Dance coming up in ten minutes and Midwestern Senior Men's freeskate on at the same time. Both being on Peacock I must watch two things at once, so frustrating!

auser

Record Breaker
Hugs to my fellow Sectionals junkies! Why do they do this to us? Now we have Senior Rhythm Dance coming up in ten minutes and Midwestern Senior Men's freeskate on at the same time. Both being on Peacock I must watch two things at once, so frustrating!
This no replays thing is definitely frustrating. Thanks for the hugs!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
poor Ting. 2 falls

True. It is clear to me she is still injured...and may never heal. The fact that she is in second place after half the field speaks volumes about the state of US senior ladies.... score 48.35.
I’m not sure about that. The best ones already have byes - the ones who will really be competitive for medals. For the most part!!!! And again *for the most part* these skaters are skating with the goal of making it to and participating in Nationals. It’s why I love the early Nationals groups - those skaters have worked since hard just to be there participating and you can tell how important it really is to them.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are all these dancers going through? What happened to my babies? (Bland/Sperry, Pham/Rogers)

Last edited:

erinmblair

Spectator
I noticed that in the Novice Women competition, I see this:

DSQ Sofia Bezkorovainaya, Washington FSC

Does anybody know why that would be the case? I have been watching her programs in the past and thought she has potential!

GBs mom

Rinkside
Anyone know why Sofia Bezkorovainaya was disqualified from novice women's? She skated her free program and received a score.