Aleksandr Fegan: On Ice and En Pointe | Golden Skate

Aleksandr Fegan: On Ice and En Pointe

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Learn more about the 2024 U.S. National Jr. 🥉 who discovered his passion for figure skating after meeting 2014 Olympic champions Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar. Beginnings and ballet, looking ahead to 2024-25, roots and more!

Weathergal

Medalist

Learn more about the 2024 U.S. National Jr. 🥉 who discovered his passion for figure skating after meeting 2014 Olympic champions Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar. Beginnings and ballet, looking ahead to 2024-25, roots and more!
Interesting that he uses a 3T3Lo as his SP combo - you don't hear of that combo very often.

He sounds incredibly hard working with the time he spends not just training for figure skating but also for ballet, as well as being in school.

That interview really pops! "rock: What a mature and focused young man. Delightful sence of humor, too.

"My least favorite jump is the Lutz, but the Lutz seems to be liking me a little better now" :)

Twenty-five hours a week practicing ballet and figure skating. I think he is going places. Here is his Bolero short program -- amazing body awareness.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really enjoy learning about the new junior teams! I think it's so cool that he's fluent in Russian and now learning a third language! :eek:

Alexandr's mother is from Lithuania, so he progably speaks some Lithuanian also. Many Lithuanians also speak Russian.

OT -- Lithuanian is a language that is very interesting to linguists because it is one of the most "conservative" of the Indo-European language group, providing clues about the original Proto-Indo-European roots of pre-historic antiquity..

OT #2. ;) When I tried to look up Alexandr Fegin I was directed to "Alexandria Feigin," the 6-time and reigning figure skating champion of Bulgaria. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very impressed that Aleksandr is actually performing ballet and not just taking classes. Not only for the performance factor, but for the time commitment. As well as attending school rather than online classes.

His growth in skating so far has been impressive.