Eurovision 2024 | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Eurovision 2024

icewhite

Record Breaker
I don't know how much it makes a difference though, with today's media, whether you win.
The only Eurovision song that was constantly played on the radio here in the last years apart from the German entries was Snap, which I think landed somewhere in the 20s.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I wondered why the German jury gave Sweden 12 points, had my son google it and apparently last year there was someone in it who made the no1 hit song "you have the most beautiful a** in the world", and this year there's someone who doesn't even a wiki page and someone whose wiki page is supposed to be deleted due to "irrelevance". :laugh:
I wonder who sits in the jury in other countries.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
So neutrality won?!? I didn't see any of this, but I'm happy. 🥲
Well, Switzerland finished joint 4th with the public votes, which is actually the lowest placement of any winner in my recent memory, but i'm fine with the final results too (y) And Israel was so close to finish first in the public votes, so I'm not that sure about neutrality :devil:

Last edited:
Country
Norway
So neutrality won?!? I didn't see any of this, but I'm happy. 🥲
The jury seemed oddly coordinated this year, it´s been a long time since there were so many 12s given away, I think it´s a record of 12 in jury votes. Probably not seen since Alexander Rybaks Fairytale got so many 12s back i 2009, in average he got a wooping 9,44 (jury + public), and very surprising considering the bookmakers predicted Switzerland in 3rd place.

It shouldn´t be political but I think they were a little coordinated to prevent Israel from winning, after all it became very clear that Israel since the semi final would get a lot of public votes and nobody really wanted to see the chaos of Israel winning and hosting Eurovision next year, so I think there might have been so change in minds since the semi and the leaked public votes.

Soon the votes from semi finals will be published, we might see some changes from the semi to the finals in the jury votes and that might tell us something.

All though, Switzerland song is one of those who deserves 12 point, so i´m happy about the result all though it was a bit surprising.

Honestly my biggest surprise is how poorly Norway did and placed dead last. Particular because they have been predicted everything from 8th - 16th at the bookmakers the whole time. I don´t know if the bookmakers have ever misplaced a entry like that :scratch2: I knew the song was maybe a bit too odd for the public and it would even be love or hate, so I wasn´t expecting much from the public - but given the cultural addition, lyrics in own language, good staging, good vocals and how well the audience responded - it is a big shock to me that they didn´t get more jury votes? I thought this was the typical aspects the jury normally would applaud - and the vocalist also said they had never performed better then when the jury votes was decided. Maybe with all the rock entries this year they didn´t stand out enough - it can´t be too odd because Ireland was a hit with the jury. Also given the total points it´s actually surprising Norway qualified for the final at all? I´m curious to see how they placed in the semi final. Norway has a track record of being robbed in jurys but I thought this would perhaps do a little better. Not even Denmark and Sweden gave us jury points :coffee: Oh well, now we tried and we will probably not see a entry like that again from Norway in the near future 😂

They performed well so i´m hope they are proud of what they did, i´m not particular sad about this but just a bit surprised (but after all - Norway has most last places in Eurovision, it´s just been a while since last time :ROFLMAO:). Apparently Norway can´t do well in Sweden either, last time I think we didn´t even make the final.

The Norwegian twins has said they would like to perform for Norway in Eurovision, so maybe next year we will send our fake Swedes? 🤣

Last edited:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Its the voting system i guess it didn't go in Norway faviour this time. They probably finished in 10th to 15th place in majority of juries and public votes in every country, but that is translated as no points in the final voting system, because you need to be in top 10 to get any points at all...

Country
Norway
Switzerland placed 4th in semi final 2, behind Armenia, Netherlands, and Israel 1th 👀

Hmmm so it seems the jury has somehow been coordinated with the jury votes. This will probably lead to a lot of discussions with such different results

Country
Norway
Its the voting system i guess it didn't go in Norway faviour this time. They probably finished in 10th to 15th place in majority of juries and public votes in every country, but that is translated as no points in the final voting system, because you need to be in top 10 to get any points at all...
The result from the semi final 2 showed they were the last qualifier! So yes, probably..

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Switzerland placed 4th in semi final 2, behind Armenia, Netherlands, and Israel 1th 👀

Hmmm so it seems the jury has somehow been coordinated with the jury votes. This will probably lead to a lot of discussions with such different results
I saw that Italian broadcast accidentally showed the results of the public votes after the Semi final, and Israel got 40% of the votes from the public in Italy... Nothing against Israel, or that song, but how that could happen, i'm not sure at all :shrug:
Edit - I mean, i know, you can buy the votes, and that's it... It should be a song competition, and not a political one, but we are where we are :(

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I saw that Italian broadcast accidentally showed the results of the public votes after the Semi final, and Israel got 40% of the votes from the public in Italy... Nothing against Israel, or that song, but how that happened, i'm not sure at all :shrug:
Edit - I mean, i know, you can buy the votes, it is what it is...
A lot of people feel like Israel hasn´t been deserving all the negative attention they have gotten by participating, and that they are a victim in the war as well. So they feel bad for them and therefor give them extra votes. I have seen multiple people write they voted for Israel 20 times, which is the maximum votes you can give. So I don´t think the votes represent the general population, but it´s a result of multiple people voting on them a lot of times. I mean the song isn´t bad but in normal circumstances people don´t vote 20 times on only one entry

Last edited:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
A lot of people feel like Israel hasn´t been deserving all the negative attention they have gotten by participating, and that they are a victim in the war as well. So they feel bad for them and therefor give them extra votes. I have seen multiple people write they voted for Israel 20 times, which is the maximum votes you can give. So I don´t the votes represent the general population, but it´s a result of multiple people voting on them a lot of times.
I know, but is that performance really deserved that amount of votes? Comparing to Norway and other countries? It just distracts from the regularity of the competition, which is to vote for something you like, not for something someone "tell you to like" for whatever reason...