Mikhailova one step out 54.71

Yakovleva mistakes 50.05

Panenkova good 68.21

Ryabova 3Lze 57.91

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Thank you!
Really do like Trusova but she definitely needs to work on her spins.
That fall on the 4T looked scary. Afraid she might have smacked her face on the ice!

Those << falls where you land forward always look scary. It's like there's no traction at all, she just slips and her upper body gains the swinging momentum towards the ice. It's really dangerous to perform jumps you can't avoid landing forward on, especially 3As or quads. The risk for a concussion is likely the highest on these types of falls.

Maybe it's too early for her to add a second quad. Perhaps she can perform is just fine stand alone, but performing it right after another quad is a completely different thing.

hanca

Record Breaker
Hmm. Are Mishina and Galliamov really that much better than everyone else?

I think they are being rewarded for the promising future rather than being so much better now. They both already look like senior skaters, Mishina has gone through puberty and managed to keep her jumps. They don’t have the basic skating at the proper smooth level yet, but Boikova/Kozlovski managed to fix that within a year so it is possible for Mishina/Galliamov to fix it relatively quickly too. They have been consistent, have the jumps and Russian seniors are getting quite depleted (Stolbova/Klimov may retire, but even if they won’t, they are often injured. Astakhova/Rogonov and Zabijako/Enbert are not bad but they are not making any huge progress and even in 4 years I can’t see them any closer to podium at worlds.) So considering all that, it makes sense to push current juniors (and especially those who are consistent and who transitioned through puberty with jumps). Mishina/Galliamov still have two more seasons of junior eligibility but if they manage to get enough ranking points, they may want to move to seniors earlier. (Boikova/Kozlovski have three more years of junior eligibility and I think they will move earlier too, although probably not in the next season yet because if they won’t do junior worlds, they may not have enough points to get GP events.)

hanca

Record Breaker
Total joke how Leonova gets more PCS than Panenkova...
Leonova skates like a senior skater. Panenkova still needs a lot of polishing. I am pretty sure that internationally Panenkova will not get high PCS if she moves to seniors, so why it should be any different at home competitions?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
she has good SS and TR, good CO and IN. only PE should be low
Leonova skates like a senior skater from the 2000s that hasn't retired yet and can't compete with her countrymates

alvina9894

Final Flight
Total joke how Leonova gets more PCS than Panenkova...

Panenkova has more speed and variety of steps than Leonova. That shows difference in TR, SS and CO categories. Leonova shall beat Panenkova in PE and IN though.

Is it just me or the judges are really more strict on the senior ladies SP compared to the junior ladies SP? Certain ladies' performances certainly look 70+ to me.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Gubanova's toe jumps really are ugly...
if this goes in front of Panenkova or Tsurskaya or Kostornaya I will cry

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Don't see how this was more than two points better than Panenkova and Tsurskaya....