General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events | Page 8 | Golden Skate

General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Only upcoming Time Schedule posted is the Men SP, and it's accessible via the isu link above.

Fat finger edit: PPC isnt linked on the usual place, so either it is not available, or not provided.

Last edited:

sworddance21

On the Ice
This, admittedly, may not be the correct thread to ask this question, but I'm not sure which is. Many people seem to know the story/reason that Orser is not coaching Yuzuru in Beijing. I've been looking for that information but all I have been able to find is that it was Yuzu's decision. I'm curious about that. Can anyone point me to reporting on the issue that is factual?

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I have a question: If the men leave right after their individual event, what about the gala?

ansalda

Spectator
This, admittedly, may not be the correct thread to ask this question, but I'm not sure which is. Many people seem to know the story/reason that Orser is not coaching Yuzuru in Beijing. I've been looking for that information but all I have been able to find is that it was Yuzu's decision. I'm curious about that. Can anyone point me to reporting on the issue that is factual?
This is what I found:

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1489533762908033029?s=21

https://axelwithwings.com/2022/02/0...r-olympics-first-practice-interview-20220207/ (The end of this interview says the reason is "respecting Yuzuru's routine“)

(I remember from Stockholm Worlds that Brian and Tracy told Yuzu before the first practice that they would be watching him, but not speak to him unless he asks them, because he was now used to practice alone and they didn't want to interfere with his routine. I guess it's a similar reason this time, but of course this is only my speculation.)

sworddance21

On the Ice
This is what I found:

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1489533762908033029?s=21

https://axelwithwings.com/2022/02/0...r-olympics-first-practice-interview-20220207/ (The end of this interview says the reason is "respecting Yuzuru's routine“)

(I remember from Stockholm Worlds that Brian and Tracy told Yuzu before the first practice that they would be watching him, but not speak to him unless he asks them, because he was now used to practice alone and they didn't want to interfere with his routine. I guess it's a similar reason this time, but of course this is only my speculation.)
Thank you!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
A triple salchow is... when they make a noise of a cow.

Also, Kurt Browning is such a natural comedian.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that I have just done the final update to my TV Schedule post:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2912811

Please be aware that I do not know the exact finishing times of the repeats of Episode 4 of "Freeze", because the listings on the BBC website do not go that far into the future. The only reason I know the start times is because the page for each episode lists the start times for all the showings of the episode in question.

Plus, much to my surprise, I have had to add the details of an extra channel! :drama: Because, after shown nothing related to the Olympics, BBC4 is showing a couple of programmes on Thursday night about the Nancy / Tonya incident.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

rollerblade

Record Breaker
@CaroLiza_fan Does Eurosport have full replays anywhere? Is it only on Eurosport Player - which I assume is like Peacock Premium?

I know during the broadcast, they often show 3-4 early group skaters, then cut away to other events, then return for the final two groups. Sometimes Simon would mention Discovery Plus.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@CaroLiza_fan Does Eurosport have full replays anywhere? Is it only on Eurosport Player - which I assume is like Peacock Premium?

I know during the broadcast, they often show 3-4 early group skaters, then cut away to other events, then return for the final two groups. Sometimes Simon would mention Discovery Plus.

Discovery+ is the replacement for the Eurosport Player. The difference is that Discovery+ carries content from Discovery's lifestyle and documentary channels as well as Eurosport content. And that it costs more. We are currently in a crossover period where both services are operating in parallel. Existing Eurosport Player customers can still use Eurosport Player, but new customers can only sign up for Discovery+. That is why you don't hear the Eurosport Player being mentioned on the TV coverage any more - it is always Discovery+ that gets mentioned now.

I don't know anything about what the version of Peacock that is available outside the UK is like, but if I would guess that it is a good analogy for the Eurosport Player / Discovery+.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, full replays of the segments in their entirity are available on the Eurosport Player / Discovery+. In the reminder posts that I posted in the competition threads before each segment started, I have included direct links to the archived streams. They are the third link in the posts, labelled by me as "World Feed". However, that is not strictly accurate, as these streams have the Eurosport commentary (Chris and Simon) rather than the World Feed commentary (Belinda and Olly).

But, whether you would be able to watch them where you are is anybody's guess.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

rollerblade

Record Breaker
In the reminder posts that I posted in the competition threads before each segment started, I have included direct links to the archived streams. They are the third link in the posts, labelled by me as "World Feed". However, that is not strictly accurate, as these streams have the Eurosport commentary (Chris and Simon) rather than the World Feed commentary (Belinda and Olly).
:thank: