It’s too cold here | Golden Skate

It’s too cold here

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
-5 F. The heat can’t keep up. The cats are quite unhappy and even the ones who don’t like each other a whole bunch are huddled together for warmth.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Things are looking up for Seattle area now at midday. I just heard the weather lady on a local TV channel say that the freezing rain that has been going on since about midnight has changed to freezing drizzle🫠.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Things are looking up for Seattle area now at midday. I just heard the weather lady on a local TV channel say that the freezing rain that has been going on since about midnight has changed to freezing drizzle🫠.
We had horizontal rain, gale force winds thru the night of 12/23; power went out in the wee hours but temps were mild until rain left mid day on the 23rd, winds still strong.. then a flash freeze temps plummeting to 11 with minus zero wind chill.. still no power thru the night Dec 24 but morning sun was a welcome sight! We did not get snow but a bizarre experience nonetheless. I rose early morning 12/24, drove to DD for hot coffee and egg sandwich, charged my phone in the car and caught up on world news, the drove around talking to linemen working in frigid temps to get power restored for Christmas Eve..God bless ‘em! My house had power by 11:30 am..
My cat Data sleeping on the blanket he was wrapped in earlier shortly after power came back on..
CA120350-2FA6-4670-BD52-CE7F2B1046BC.jpeg

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not much snow, thank goodness but bitter cold in the Chicago area, just before Xmas Eve. (windchills of -30F) Things improved by Saturday a bit and we'll get a slight warmup soon. At least there were no massive power outages here. But we're not out of the woods for quite a while and Spring comes late here.

I feel bad for those who live in Buffalo, NY.

Last edited:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
That ice stuff on west coast then east in bonkers.. I can’t feel sorry for -5 though. Lol it was -40 last week here. Today was nicer. -6 celcius. I’m in Winnipeg (CAN)