Souvenir Georges-Éthier, 21-24 Sept, Beauport, QC | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Souvenir Georges-Éthier, 21-24 Sept, Beauport, QC

Sackie

Medalist
Thanks and wow. They do look good together after just a short time. And they are actually going for the big tricks early on. Lia and Trennt added the harder stuff as they went along. The triple twist even looked over-rotated so who knows what they might be able to add down the road.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks and wow. They do look good together after just a short time. And they are actually going for the big tricks early on. Lia and Trennt added the harder stuff as they went along. The triple twist even looked over-rotated so who knows what they might be able to add down the road.
... wait till you see the twist and the throw in the lp ;)

icewhite

Record Breaker
Fiona and Gabriel are lovely together. I still think as a pairs woman she cannot show some of what's in her, but who knows, maybe she will be more successful in pairs. It's her decision. Anyway, maybe I'm just smitten by Gabriel's looks, but he does indeed look like a good partner for her.
I prefer the short program, by the way.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fiona and Gabriel are lovely together. I still think as a pairs woman she cannot show some of what's in her, but who knows, maybe she will be more successful in pairs. It's her decision. Anyway, maybe I'm just smitten by Gabriel's looks, but he does indeed look like a good partner for her.
I prefer the short program, by the way.
they make a very attractive pair, don't they?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow - thanks for the free. They look to have a great future. Now how many top pairs does that leave us with in CAN. Nationals is going to be interesting for sure.
Deanna Max
Lia Trennt
Brooke Ben
Emma Nic
Kelly Ann Loucas
Caidence Raine
Fiona Gabriel
Gabby Thierry

There are a few more teams that are still working out kinks like Emy and Brian, and well Elisabeth and Daniel. I don't know what Schmitz and Taylor are planning to do.

Who said pairs was dead?

and don't forget that Martina and Charly already pretty much do all senior elements, just qualified for JGPF and are favourites for a podium finish there, as well as at Junior Worlds (not first place but the other two steps are wide open for them to jump on it).

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Deanna Max
Lia Trennt
Brooke Ben
Emma Nic
Kelly Ann Loucas
Caidence Raine
Fiona Gabriel
Gabby Thierry

There are a few more teams that are still working out kinks like Emy and Brian, and well Elisabeth and Daniel. I don't know what Schmitz and Taylor are planning to do.

Who said pairs was dead?

and don't forget that Martina and Charly already pretty much do all senior elements, just qualified for JGPF and are favourites for a podium finish there, as well as at Junior Worlds (not first place but the other two steps are wide open for them to jump on it).
I expected Fiona pair to be doing double twist and throws. To see their progress was wow 🤩

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Does anybody know how they scored?
They messed up on one of the lifts.
I’m just curious to know if they surpassed the domestic benchmark
i don't think it's possible to reach the benchmark with a botched lift and the other problems they had.

Sackie

Medalist
They scored 45.94 in the short and 90.63 in the free. If you click on 'live results' on the results page it gives you the list for all categories and will lead you to the scores from there. You can also see the elements broken down.

mikeko666

Final Flight
They scored 45.94 in the short and 90.63 in the free. If you click on 'live results' on the results page it gives you the list for all categories and will lead you to the scores from there. You can also see the elements broken down.
Thank you.
Looks like Senior FD is not up yet, though.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wow... i would never had thought to click there. It just looks like no update while the scores may have been available for a while. Thank you for finding these.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the women's scores are still MIA..

Back to Fiona and Gabriel,

the LP death spiral received a 0... so not low enough I would suspect. It looked very awkward. the lift botched was the 3li... they managed a good 3li in the short but this one was perhaps different??? or maybe the same but just a mistake in the going up phase. In any case, there is work to be done for sure. I, however, expected to see double twists and throws... so I am still super excited.