The most memorable "Carmen" performances of all time! | Golden Skate

The most memorable "Carmen" performances of all time!

cocovica

On the Ice
Hello everyone :)

I have recently posted an article about the best "Carmen" performances during the past years on the ice.

http://www.ifigureskating.com/the-most-memorable-figure-skating-carmen-performances-of-all-time/

I was wondering which "Carmen" skate is your most favorite one, which one I have missed and if you would be interested in the series called: the overused music in skating where I would do similar posts with other music that was used way to much on the ice over the years :)

Thanks for any feedback!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
You made some great choices, and left off programs I also would have left off. While I adore Adelina and Mao, I would not have had their Carmen's on my top list either.

Alba

Record Breaker
V&M, I&Z. I would also add Witt mainly for her performance. The program was meh.

TMC

Record Breaker
Great list and I for one would definitely be interested in something similar :)

My favourite Carmen: Sammi Cesario, no question!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So many great Carmens. Somehow I think of the ladies. Bestmianova, Navka, Krylova and Virtue to me captured the spirit Carmen. For some reason I found Witt's Carmen really just a vehicle for her to be Witt. She didn't interpret Carmen she tried to make Carmen fit her personality and her desire to seduce the judges and all. in a way she was like Mira who chose powerful warhorse music.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
My picks would be Plushenko and Virtue/Moir. Quite enjoyed the interpretation from the Russian dance teams Bestemianova/Bukin and Krylova/Ovsannikov too (though the latter got a little too demented by the end, even for me! :slink:)

On Witt: Yes, the program wasn't that great (and there seemed to be more posing than skating), but in terms of most "memorable" Carmen's, she definitely belongs.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Absolutely Samantha Cesario at SA 2014: you can whine about SS and edges and everything, but that was FIRE on the ice :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sammi's, I did like Plushy's. The whole "Carmen on Ice" (with Katarina, Brian B, & Brian O.) is magnificent!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Viktor Petrenko without question.

I went to watch it and found the 1991 Worlds version, and daaaaang that triple axle combo at the beginning was insane, how did he jump that high! :jaw:

It was also a brilliant performance, interesting costume choice...I always associate Carmen with red, but he wore purple.