2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens FS 11/01

Wo|flax

Final Flight
well Hanyu said he wants to show a different phantom than the typical one so you never know

I kinda want both Mura and Yuzu to skate back to back at GPF just for the lols

they absolutely need to skate back to back at NHK, GPF, Nats, 4CC and/or Worlds. This is a coincidence that needs to happen.
if MCM can sneak in into the final flight it'll be bonus hilarrious

Meoima

Match Penalty
Don't be so ahead. I can see Yuzuru in flowery costume again, white, pink, green...with shinning crystals every where on his body...too much that our jaws will drop like this :jaw: and forget that he is skating to POTO.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Don't be so ahead. I can see Yuzuru in flowery costume again, white, pink, green...with shinning crystals every where on his body...too much that our jaws will drop like this :jaw: and forget that he is skating to POTO.

Yuzu POTO costume can be the story of this GP season :rofl:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh wow Javi:scratch:. At this rate he might not qualify for GPF. Barcelona organizers are really expecting him to be there.

Oh, I think he will. At the Rostelecom Cup he goes up against Aaron and Carriere again...I don't think the others can come close. I mean, in my dreams Voronov and Gachinski will both skate well, but I still don't think they could beat him.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm so in love with this expression now. It's pronounced cop-er-uh (or cop-ruh, I suppose) and yet in writing it can be seen as C-O-P-era. It quickly and easily describes everything wrong with the sport right now - programs and skaters that are shadows of themselves, overbearing music and movements, and no room to breathe or relate in the hunt for tech points.

I'm going to start grading programs on a scale of 1-10 based on their Phantom of the Copera worthiness.

LRK

Record Breaker
Shame that Machida is not doing POTO aswell, that would have been hilarious :biggrin:

Thank Heaven for small mercies.... (shudders)

Besides, I like Machida's programs this year! Go, Machida! :)

(Hey if people can spend posts upon posts arguing about the charms or not - I'm in the charms camp of course :) - of Jason who isn't competing here, I don't see why Machida can't make a guest appearance in the thread as well. ;) )

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'm so in love with this expression now. It's pronounced cop-er-uh (or cop-ruh, I suppose) and yet in writing it can be seen as C-O-P-era. It quickly and easily describes everything wrong with the sport right now - programs and skaters that are shadows of themselves, overbearing music and movements, and no room to breathe or relate in the hunt for tech points.

I'm going to start grading programs on a scale of 1-10 based on their Phantom of the Copera worthiness.

That's actually what I thought you meant this whole time.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
the judge that gave Mura 0 GOE for 4-3T should really go away,because is too blind or something :disapp: the same for 3A-2T

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
For me except for Mura FS which was marvelous, the men were zzzzzzz.

Surprise skater in this competition was Stephen C. It was great to see him skate 2 very nice programs and almost
medal. I was happy for Max, his smile in the K&C said it all.

Congratulations to the podium finishers!

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
ITA. I appreciate that Jason is freakishly gifted - his edges, flow, carriage, flexibility are world-class. What I would love to see him do is perhaps tone down the young, happy, excitable, adorable puppy persona, and create a little more gravitas and mature self-containment, perhaps play up his sex appeal (his body - ack!). Dai is the master of this - he connects with the audience but isn't slavishly trying to please them. He invites you into his skating, to experience it with him, if that makes any sense (??). I look forward to seeing how Jason matures as a skater.
I am a huge fan of Jason. But ... I see two different Jasons: one on ice and one in the mass and social media. I must confess that I find a bit 'awkward eternal smile that appears on the photos and when he said "I love you guys." And I think it isn’t good for the soul being everytimes cheerful ... But ... he is so young. In his age one behaves as its head coach, as the family... Maybe he really is always smiling. But: there is an another Jason, the one on the ice. He is awesome! Once lyrical, once cheerful, playful once, once tragic (Tristan). In this interpretation he seems much more mature than many skaters much more old. This is called: art. If you look at photos of Jason: in the photos "private" (by the way, why are these photos for the media) always has the same large smile. But if you look at the photos taken during when Jason is skating: he has a lot of fantastic expressions on her face - by happiness to tragedy. When I first saw his program, I refer to the Riverdance, when, before he starts, he looked on the cameras with his eyes myopic but focused on the task… I knew right away that will follow a wonderful show.

"Perhaps play up His sex appeal (his body - ack" I think for now his body is play up (I'm talking strictly in the theatrical sense, that which you see on the stage!) He, as a good dancer uses his body very well, and his costume is fine clothes, giving him! (They emphasize broad shoulders compared to slim hips, her hands and neck bracce long.) i do not think Jason needs to skate with the neckline from the navel or with tights - if he does not feel comfortable in costumes like so ...

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 255.81 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 244.87 - Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Max AARON (USA) - 231.77 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Stephen CARRIERE (USA) - 231.67 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 225.03 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 215.71 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 208.24 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
8. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 203.17 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Andrei ROGOZINE (CAN) - 202.40 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Adam RIPPON (USA) - 201.92 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Liam FIRUS (CAN) - 198.91 Free Skate

Art&Sport

Medalist
I am a huge fan of Jason. But ... I see two different Jasons: one on ice and one in the mass and social media. I must confess that I find a bit 'awkward eternal smile that appears on the photos and when he said "I love you guys." And I think it isn’t good for the soul being everytimes cheerful ... But ... he is so young. In his age one behaves as its head coach, as the family... Maybe he really is always smiling. But: there is an another Jason, the one on the ice. He is awesome! Once lyrical, once cheerful, playful once, once tragic (Tristan). In this interpretation he seems much more mature than many skaters much more old. This is called: art. If you look at photos of Jason: in the photos "private" (by the way, why are these photos for the media) always has the same large smile. But if you look at the photos taken during when Jason is skating: he has a lot of fantastic expressions on her face - by happiness to tragedy. When I first saw his program, I refer to the Riverdance, when, before he starts, he looked on the cameras with his eyes myopic but focused on the task… I knew right away that will follow a wonderful show.

"Perhaps play up His sex appeal (his body - ack" I think for now his body is play up (I'm talking strictly in the theatrical sense, that which you see on the stage!) He, as a good dancer uses his body very well, and his costume is fine clothes, giving him! (They emphasize broad shoulders compared to slim hips, her hands and neck bracce long.) i do not think Jason needs to skate with the neckline from the navel or with tights - if he does not feel comfortable in costumes like so ...

ITA with many of your above comments, but actually, dear ballet...fan, it is absolutely excellent for all souls to be forever cheerful, positive, present, and forward thinking. Positive thinking and enthusiasm are infectious, and tend to bring positive things to you, whereas negative thinking will attract negativity. Above all, Jason seems to be a well-adjusted and well-mannered young phenom, raised by wonderful parents.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the men are OFF my Christmas card list this year, as I fully expect to OWE points in the prediction game after that debacle. LOL!