2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 1 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 1

JustMe

On the Ice
OMG, I can not believe that in the news of my country they are not giving any news about the Olympics. No one here knows there will be Olympics. This is so embarrassing and annoying :furious: :disapp:

Any other skating fans in your city? (And what city are you in, btw?)

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I can't complain at all as it starts at 6:00 pm tonight here in my part of the USA (AZ)! Unfortunately, I will have to miss it on Saturday night as I will be at a family wedding.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
It's starting at 2 a.m. for me, I have a 4-hour class at 8 (thankfully I'm done at noon, just in time for the Opening Ceremony).

However, European friends, if you have any tips that you would like to share, please do ! :thumbsup:

Well I don't recommend losing sleep but if you absolutely have to watch live, it is best to go to sleep early (9:00 - 9:30 pm) and then wake up after 1:00 am. You can watch the events and then go back to sleep. Spending the time between 23:00 and 00:00 in sleep is most important for being well-rested.

PS: I think I accidentally pm-d you instead of quoting you on my first attempt to write this post. Idk how :D
Edit: Oh right I get it, the forum is throwing me an exception because it has to notify you you've been quoted with a pm.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Going to bed now! I'll see you tomorrow...today...whenever! :bed:
Til' then, dear Zombie Friends from Europe. Have a nice night! :coffee:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Going to bed now! I'll see you tomorrow...today...whenever! :bed:
Til' then, dear Zombie Friends from Europe. Have a nice night! :coffee:

I'll go to bed at 8 perhaps, I'll make a nice dinner now... ready to wake up at 1:50 a.m...
Good night fellow Zombie :bed:

QuadThrow

Medalist
I think I will just skip the Men (2am...) and wake up for the second Pairs group... and watch it in bed on my phone, on Eurosport player! I hope I won’t fall asleep!

My mom has said exactly the same.

"When do I have to get up to watch the pairs and get a hear attack with Aljona and Bruno skating?"

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Very interesting that China is not going with their #1's, neither pairs nor men.

I did not foresee that at all.

Is this not simple good stragety? Since I think it unlikely that China will medal in the team event, why not save your best hope(s) for medals the added stress of competing in the team event and concentrate on the individual events?????

chillgil

Match Penalty
I can't complaint at all as it all starts at 6:00 pm tonight here in my part of the USA (AZ)! Unfortunately, I will have to miss it on Saturday night as I will be at a family wedding.

hey im an arizonian too!! that's wild

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Before we get started, a shout out to Doris for all her hard work. I just copy and paste the firing order into a Word doc, put it on a clip board, load up the coach with dogs and off we go to the races!
:clap:

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Is there any article or statement that states which skaters each country is putting up for each discipline in each segment of the team event competition? I want to know if Carolina is skating in both phases of the competition since more than likely Italy will end up 5th after the short program.

Merjan

On the Ice
Going to sleep now, too. And I'll wake up after 3 a.m. It'll be a normal work day, but first Aljona / Bruno, Shoma etc.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC is showing the team event in prime time tonight but will probably cut into with other events (you mean, there are other events at the Olympics besides FS? lol).

I wonder how many other countries we will get and they will be hyping Nathan to death. I hate NBC, lol.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
NBC is showing the team event in prime time tonight but will probably cut into with other events (you mean, there are other events at the Olympics besides FS? lol).

I wonder how many other countries we will get and they will be hyping Nathan to death. I hate NBC, lol.

I got sling and verified my subscription so I can watch the streaming of the entire event!

Crystal7

Final Flight
Hi everybody! :) Do you think, there will be a streaming like that on Youtube available?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Does anyone know if the men's and pairs' team event sp practice will be streamed by NBC? If so, what time will it start? The practice schedule does not give a time, just that the practice will be in sp skating order.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
No idea how im gonna get up in 4 hours at 2 a.m on a workday, and its gonna be like this every day in 2 weeks from now. but im not missing this!!:dance3: