2022 Grand Prix Espoo Men's Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix Espoo Men's Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not speaking for anyone however. I am saying that Kévin is not entirely back from injury as he has left out his quads... which is exactly what HE said himself. :slink:

I think we are talking about two different things, so I think it is best for me to stop here.

I am still basking in the glow of the wonderful skate he gave us, so that is enough for me. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think we are talking about two different things, so I think it is best for me to stop here.

I am still basking in the glow of the wonderful skate he gave us, so that is enough for me. :)
well you quoted me here... I was simply clarifying that he is not fully back since he is leaving out some of his jumps... you came back with a blanket statement that figure skating fans of kévin do not care... so you will excuse my argument. Some fans care about jumps :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
This is a HUGE win for Ilia. He has made the GPF and he has wins over some amazing skaters. I also thrilled for Camden. He really can run hot and cold. With the drama involving his skates, I was worried about how he'd do here.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just for the records... I am not saying Kévin should rush into doing these jumps... I agree he needs to be fully healthy. It was so heartbreaking when we saw him skate injured last year.

16Olympics

On the Ice
The final 5 were a joy to watch. Especially happy for Shun who recovered well enough to make GPF and for Kevin whose injury has hampered him physically but not in spirit. Ilia is just amazing. What a strong headspace to do this to win twice. Congrats to them all and kudos to Camden whose program is beautiful, just like him.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ilia deserved this for sure. I dont know what to say or think about Morisi. Very disappointing. I so much want Keegan to win a world medal but I fear when he had his son he kind of checked out. The growth in tech has stopped. Clean skates are forgotten. I hope in the next few monthshe can rekindle his skating but I fear hema goto worlds but he just will wither inthe background. He should be dominatingin Canada but he isnt. He is lucky the men are not very strong right now. I really want Keegan to pull it together. I was waitingfor the quad lutz. Now just a clean skate. Fingers crossed.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Keegan's lace was open after 1st 3A , it started to hang loose already earlier, but here you can clearly see it:
T5sCcQAtX9pU2wBN1AFPN10JhUVNp81Si7oQ09hscqXCrGa9rbIK7ygdJV9llddTRYmhMPdcVgzIZbiVoJzADVYuZ6jA07u_BHeUzj2QpLUuFk4SpvqcXjxzDr7e17dS9t177mWnZWJJdT_sBGfvkyjvdGHpxEODbC6MdSJK5hqaJU2U92FHNXlmEqnTMQ

And during the next sit spin he did something to it
ZT1Qd6ThYFzhqviyUXhlG0zQLP4JlLpqCOwhED456eEY4oprE1XKefzYI_yrAFbVpmU6gEm2HR8tCGH0sHgP9T7bATLUTfFPyQ7Kfa5ntfMCAX4_55x-RR_fMHcV-7436Z1h-2s3HL9GrKSxYhP6cC9-CKxoWE-8MkLBQYrW20Ekf32eyiFT8fpYPIs4Ug
:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Keegan's lace was open after 1st 3A , it started to hang loose already earlier, but here you can clearly see it:
T5sCcQAtX9pU2wBN1AFPN10JhUVNp81Si7oQ09hscqXCrGa9rbIK7ygdJV9llddTRYmhMPdcVgzIZbiVoJzADVYuZ6jA07u_BHeUzj2QpLUuFk4SpvqcXjxzDr7e17dS9t177mWnZWJJdT_sBGfvkyjvdGHpxEODbC6MdSJK5hqaJU2U92FHNXlmEqnTMQ

And during the next sit spin he did something to it
ZT1Qd6ThYFzhqviyUXhlG0zQLP4JlLpqCOwhED456eEY4oprE1XKefzYI_yrAFbVpmU6gEm2HR8tCGH0sHgP9T7bATLUTfFPyQ7Kfa5ntfMCAX4_55x-RR_fMHcV-7436Z1h-2s3HL9GrKSxYhP6cC9-CKxoWE-8MkLBQYrW20Ekf32eyiFT8fpYPIs4Ug
:
Keegan has many years of competition experience, and everyone knows that an untied lace is an obvious safety hazard. Why would he not know to stop the program, remedy the problem, and restart?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Keegan has many years of competition experience, and everyone knows that an untied lace is an obvious safety hazard. Why would he not know to stop the program, remedy the problem, and restart?
a skater cannot restart... if they stop the music, there is a heavy deduction for major interruption...
Keegan, exactly because he has experience, knows very well about this... At Autumn classic a million years ago... (that's how i called the pre covid days), he had a similar issue... he stopped, and fixed his laces, and then resume the program.. he had lost precious time as the music didn't stop (so he avoided the major deduction) so he skipped a bit of choreo and went into jump fest mode to achieve as many points he could from this disastrous situation... I guess here, he felt in control enough to do what he did. I think he should have gotten a level 5 for this spin + 10 GOEs for achieving a hard position while multi tasking

Seven Sisters

Medalist
a skater cannot restart... if they stop the music, there is a heavy deduction for major interruption...
Keegan, exactly because he has experience, knows very well about this... At Autumn classic a million years ago... (that's how i called the pre covid days), he had a similar issue... he stopped, and fixed his laces, and then resume the program.. he had lost precious time as the music didn't stop (so he avoided the major deduction) so he skipped a bit of choreo and went into jump fest mode to achieve as many points he could from this disastrous situation... I guess here, he felt in control enough to do what he did. I think he should have gotten a level 5 for this spin + 10 GOEs for achieving a hard position while multi tasking
You do have to alert the referee first of course, but my understanding is that once you do that, you can restart. Because no one wants a skater experiencing equipment failure to continue in an unsafe situation.

Please correct me if I’m wrong!